Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s five-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the four-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features five best-of-five matches:
LNG Esports (-105) vs. Rare Atom (-130)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): LNG 13.1 – Atom 9.7
Victory Five (-345) vs. eStar (+240)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): V5 13.9 – eStar 13.5
Invictus Gaming (-110) vs. Royal Never Give Up (-125)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Invictus 14.0 – Royal 14.9
Hanwha Life Esports (-600) vs. Liiv SANDBOX (+360)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Hanwha 16.0 – SANDBOX 11.1
DAMWON Gaming (-850) vs. DragonX (+450)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): DAMWON 12.4 – DRX 8.5
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Gala (RNG – ADC), Light (LNG – ADC), icon (LNG – MID)
- TOP: Xiaohu (RNG), zs (ES), M1kuya (LNG)
- JNG: XUN (IG), H4cker (ES), Arthur (HLE)
- MID: icon (LNG), Chovy (HLE), irma (ES)
- ADC: Gala (RNG), Light (LNG), Wink (IG)
- SUP: Iwandy (LNG), Ming (RNG), Lucas (IG)
- TEAM: Liiv SANDBOX, Invictus Gaming, Rare Atom
The chalk will be Victory Five and DAMWON Gaming.
Hanwha Life is my highest projected team on that slate, and they don’t appear to be very high owned tonight. I have to imagine that has more to do with pricing than it does their popularity. Being an LCK team, we won’t get a confirmed lineup until it’s probably too late. The only player I would avoid on this team is the TOP laner. Morgan is their regular guy there, but DuDu came in for their last series against DAMWON Gaming and was doo-doo…Hanwha was swept. I’d expect they go back to Morgan, but it’s not worth the risk; just stack up the other four.
The matchup I’d really like a piece of is Royal Never Give Up and Invictus Gaming. This should be a shootout, but I’ve got it projected to be very close. Stacking up Invictus with Hanwha is easy to do, but some finagling needs to be done to get RNG in there with HLE. My favorite way to go about it would be by using eStar in the TEAM slot.
I’ve got this matchup a lot closer than the betting lines. eStar is projected for just 0.4 less kills per game than Victory Five per my model. I like taking a shot or two with eStar in a 4-3 lineup with Hanwha, but I also will be using eStar in the team slot to get a nice looking 4-2-1 with Hanwha and RNG.
In conclusion, my success on this slate will rest with Hanwha Life. They’ll be stacked in just about every one of my lineups.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford