Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s five-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the five-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features four best-of-five matches:
Victory Five (-130) vs. LNG Esports (+100)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): V5 11.5 – LNG 11.2
Rare Atom (-750) vs. OMG (+450)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Atom 14.3 – OMG 9.2
Suning (+145) vs. Invictus Gaming (-185)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Suning 13.1 – Invictus 14.2
Gen.G Esports (-550) vs. Afreeca Freecs (+350)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Gen.G 13.8 – Freecs 9.1
Liiv SANDBOX (+120) vs. Nongshim RedForce (-155)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): SANDBOX 13.5 – Nongshim 12.7
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: FATE (LSB – MID), Puff (IG – ADC), huanfeng (SN – ADC)
- TOP: bin (SN), Summit (LSB), Rascal (GEN)
- JNG: OnFleek (LSB), Clid (GEN), Peanut (NS)
- MID: FATE (LSB), Angel (SN), icon (LNG)
- ADC: Puff (IG), huanfeng (SN), Light (LNG)
- SUP: Hang (RA), Effort (LSB), Lucas (IG)
- TEAM: Liiv SANDBOX, Gen.G Esports, Victory Five
The chalk should be Rare Atom.
Atom is an easy fade for me tonight. I do have them with a big edge on OMG, but there are plenty of other squads projected for a similar amount of kills. Number one on my list is Invictus Gaming. IG’s ADC Puff grades out as the slate’s top value at his position.
It’s been rare for my model to favor a dog, but the +120 Liiv SANDBOX looks like they should be the favorite here. It’s close, but that’s where I’m going tonight. With my projections being higher than most on LSB, just about everyone on their team grades out as a top three value at their position. Only the ad carry Prince fails to hit that mark, but we’re also dealing with a small sample size with him, as he just came over to this team last week. Now, this is an LCK team, so we need to be careful with the roster, as last minute lineup changes could tank our GPP lineups fast. Summit, FATE, and Effort have played in every game this split, and I can’t see them turning away from their coveted free agent signing Prince. Those would be the four I would suggest building around.
Looking elsewhere, Gen.G certainly looks like a heft favorite, but they also have inconsistent linups. I probably wouldn’t playing anyone on their team outside of Rascal, Ruler, and Life.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford