Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s four-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the four-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features two best-of-five matches:
Rare Atom (-500) vs. Rogue Warriors (+325)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Atom 16.9 – Rogue 13.1
Top Esports (-230) vs. JD Gaming (+165)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Top 16.7 – JDG 12.8
Afreeca Freecs (+285) vs. T1 (-450)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Freecs 9.9 – T1 13.7
Nongshim RedForce (+115) vs. KT Rolster (-155)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Nongshim 10.4 – Rolster 13.5
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: JackeyLove (TES – ADC), Teddy (T1 – ADC), knight (TES – MID)
- TOP: Doran (KT), Ziv (RW), Cube (RA)
- JNG: Blank (KT), Haro (RW), Karsa (TES)
- MID: knight (TES), Ucal (KT), FoFo (RA)
- ADC: JackeyLove (TES), Teddy (T1), Loken (JDG)
- SUP: Zzus (KT), Qiuqiu (RW), Zhuo (TES)
- TEAM: KT Rolster, Nongshim RedForce, JD Gaming
The chalk will be Rare Atom and Top Esports.
These are the clear leaders in projected kills per game per my model, so this may not be the best slate to dump a bunch of your bankroll into. While I think T1 and KT Rolster are decent favorites to win, the LCK is a notoriously lower-scoring league, and we also don’t have the luxury of confirmed starting lineups with either of these teams. This poses a big issue with T1. They do have the slate’s earliest game, so if you’d like to wake up at 2:30 am you may be able to figure out who exactly will be starting, but there is also no guarantee that they don’t swap players after one or two games. Keria and Canna are the only two T1 players that don’t seem to have any risk of being swapped out.
The Rogue Warriors are mixing up their lineup a whole lot, placing their regular SUP into the starting ADC role tonight. This provides great value as you’re paying a SUP price for an ad-carry. This is also interesting because we don’t really know how the change will affect how this team plays. Sure, RW should be considered a major underdog against Rare Atom with their normal lineup, but this isn’t that. There’s always the chance Qiuqiu at ADC makes this whole team perform better, so I’m willing to take a little swing on them to pull off the upset.
The beauty of using the low-single-digit-owned Rogue Warriors, is that we can go ahead and stack them with the chalky Top Esports and still get enough leverage against the 35% of the field that’s playing Rare Atom.
One last note. KT Rolster has won their last four games against T1 and DRX with their current lineup. In fact, they remain undefeated with Doran/Blank/Ucal/HyBriD/Zzus in tact for an entire series.
I’ll likely stack Top Esports with Rogue Warriors in my main lineup. If you’re going to be awake before lock, I think a KT Rolster/T1 stack is viable, as well.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford