Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for tonight’s slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features best-of-three matches:
TT (-120) vs. OMG (-110)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): TT 13.2 – OMG 13.4
Top Esports (-325) vs. Team WE (+230)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Top 14.8 – WE 12.1
DAMWON Gaming (-1200) vs. KT Rolster (+650)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): DWG 16.0 – Rolster 10.4
Nongshim RedForce (-195) vs. Fredit BRION (+155)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Nongshim 11.2 – BRION 11.3
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Hena (BRO – ADC), Eric (OMG – ADC), ShowMaker (DWG – MID)
- TOP: New (OMG), Breathe (WE), Khan (DWG)
- JNG: Xiaopeng (TT), Canyon (JNG), beishang (WE)
- MID: ShowMaker (DWG), Wuming (OMG), Knight (TES)
- ADC: Hena (BRO), Eric (OMG), Jiumeng (WE)
- SUP: Teeen (TT), BeryL (DWG), cold (OMG)
- TEAM: DAMWON Gaming, OMG, Nongshim RedForce
The chalk should be DAMWON Gaming and Top Esports.
With a couple of really close matches on the slate, there are a couple underdog spots to target here. I specifically want a piece of that OMG/TT match. I’ve got OMG with an ever-so-slight edge in projected kills per game. They are priced as the ever-so-slight underdog here, and will be my main focus on the slate. If you get creative, you can find ways to stack OMG with both DAMWON Gaming and Top Esports.
I think I trust DAMWON Gaming a bit more here. My model has the Top Esports/Team WE matchup a lot closer than the oddsmakers do. If you’re playing multiple lineups, in fact, I would definitely say taking a few shots on Team WE is probably a smart move tonight.
If we stick Eric (OMG ad carry) at CAPT, we should be able to fit DWG into a 4-3 build pretty easily. He grades out as the No. 2 point-per-dollar value on the slate at CAPT.
Not going to touch the Nongshim/BRION match. Expect that one to be extremely slow and low-scoring for fantasy purposes.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford