Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for tonight’s slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features best-of-three matches:
Bilibili Gaming (-700) vs. Rogue Warriors (+425)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Bilibili 17.5 – Rogue 10.0
Rare Atom (-110) vs. Invictus Gaming (-120)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Atom 13.9 – Invictus 14.0
Edward Gaming (-115) vs. Top Esports (-115)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): EDG 12.2 – Top 14.0
Gen.G Esports (-225) vs. T1 (+170)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Gen.G 12.9 – T1 10.2
Fredit BRION (+165) vs. Afreeca Freecs (-210)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): BRION 10.5 – Freecs 11.7
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Zeka (BLG – MID), JackeyLove (TES – ADC), Knight (TES – MID)
- TOP: Biubiu (BLG), 369 (TES), Cube (RA)
- JNG: Meteor (BLG), Karsa (TES), XUN (IG)
- MID: Zeka (BLG), Knight (TES), FoFo (RA)
- ADC: JackeyLove (TES), Aiming (BLG), Hena (BRO)
- SUP: Zhuo (TES), Delight (BRO), Hang (RA)
- TEAM: Top Esports, Rogue Warriors, Afreeca Freecs
The chalk should be Bilibili Gaming. I’d expect Top Esports to have a good bit of ownership too.
Lots of closely matched opponents tonight. This will be a multi-entry night for me. The first I’m going to want exposure to is Edward Gaming. Listen, if Top Esports is going to get most of the ownership in what is essentially a pick-em, give me the other side. Yes, my model has TES with a 1.8 kill margin per game. This is League of Legends, though. One small mistake can flip an entire game onto its head. While I don’t like having to pay a premium for a team I have losing, there is still a lot of upside here.
The next game I’ll touch on is Rare Atom and Invictus Gaming. This one couldn’t be closer. My model has the margin of kills per game at just 0.1. This one could go either way. Both teams are fairly cheap. Neither will have much ownership. I want some exposure to both of them. For Rare Atom, FoFo will be my CAPT of choice. He grades out as a top-three point-per-dollar value in the mid lane.
I will likely be staying away from the LCK teams tonight. If I do end up with any of these teams in my lineup, it will probably be a 3-man Fredit BRION stack of UmTi, Hena, and Delight. We shouldn’t need to worry about roster swaps with either of these three, and Hena/Delight each grade out as top values, as well.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford