Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s five-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the four-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features five best-of-five matches:
Bilibili Gaming (-600) vs. OMG (+370)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Bilibili 17.1 – OMG 8.7
JD Gaming (-130) vs. Team WE (-105)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): JDG 11.2 – WE 15.6
Funplus Phoenix (-130) vs. Top Esports (-105)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Phoenix 14.0 – Top 13.9
T1 (-750) vs. Fredit BRION (+425)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): T1 13.3 – BRION 9.4
KT Rolster (-115) vs. Afreeca Freecs (-120)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Rolster 12.2 – Freecs 12.9
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Shanks (WE – MID), JackeyLove (TES – ADC), Zeka (BLG – MID)
- TOP: Biubiu (BLG), Breathe (WE), Canna (T1)
- JNG: beishang (WE), Dread (AF), Bo (FPX)
- MID: Shanks (WE), Zeka (BLG), knight (TES)
- ADC: JackeyLove (TES), Jiumeng (WE), Teddy (T1)
- SUP: Lehends (AF), Zhuo (TES), Missing (WE)
- TEAM: T1, JD Gaming, Bilibili Gaming
The chalk will be Bilibili Gaming.
I wish there were more of these five-gamers for DFS purposes. Always fun when you have options.
I hate fading Bilibili, but on a five-game slate, it’s a whole lot easier to stomach. Let’s take a look at some pivots.
I have Team WE projected for the second-highest amount of kills per game. I’m not saying to run out and build a lineup with a JNG CAPT, but you can stack WE and Bilibili together if you use beishang as your CAPT. There’s a whole lot of upside there.
I like WE a lot because I’m only showing about 10% ownership. They are a slight underdog tonight to JD Gaming, but I don’t see it that way at all. WE started the Spring split winning four series in a row, but have recently stumbled a bit, with a pair of 2-0 losses to Rare Atom and RNG. JD Gaming has lost 4 of 6 series this split though, they aren’t anything WE needs to be worried about. In December’s Demacia Cup, WE won three of five against JD Gaming, with the exact same roster that they’ll be rolling tonight. (4 of 5 JDG starters were the same)
After WE, it comes down to the winner of this Top Esports/Funplus Phoenix match. I have FPX with just 0.1 kills more per game, so this is a complete coin flip in my eyes. Top Esports swept Funplus 3-0 in the Demacia Cup back in December, using the exact same 5 starters that will be behind the keyboards tonight. After a rough start to the split, TES has stormed back with three-straight 2-0 wins. FPX, though, has won 5 of 6 series this split by a 2-0 margin. This is going to be a great matchup.
If it were me, I would highly suggest playing multiple lineups and playing both sides of this FPX/TES matchup. I will also have some lineups stacking Bilibili with Top Esports, although I fear that will be a very popular build.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford