Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s five-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the five-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features four best-of-five matches:
LGD Gaming (-135) vs. Rogue Warriors (+105)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): LGD 14.0 – Rogue 10.5
eStar (+650) vs. Top Esports (-1200)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): eStar 11.3 – Top 17.4
Royal Never Give Up (+110) vs. Funplus Phoenix (-140)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): RNG 13.7 – FPX 14.7
DRX (+140) vs. Hanwha Life Esports (-180)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): DRX 11.3 – Hanwha 14.3
T1 (+210) vs. DAMWON Gaming (-285)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): T1 12.6 – DAMWON 13.9
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Gala (RNG – ADC), JackeyLove (TES – ADC), Knight (TES – MID)
- TOP: Xiaohu (RNG), Zeus (T1), Cult (LGD)
- JNG: Oner (T1), Beichaun (FPX), WEI (RNG)
- MID: Knight (TES), Cryin (RNG), Uniboy (LGD)
- ADC: Gala (RNG), JackeyLove (TES), Kramer (LGD)
- SUP: Ming (RNG), Zhuo (TES), Crisp (FPX)
- TEAM: DRX, LGD Gaming, Royal Never Give Up
The chalk should be Top Esports.
I will have a hard time fading the chalk tonight. Top Esports is projected to dominate this matchup with eStar, so I may try to get weird elsewhere in order to differentiate myself.
While I have all of the favorites projected to have more kills, Royal Never Give Up and T1 are very close. With Royal Never Give Up, we won’t have to worry about lineup changes. T1, on the other hand, is using some new faces, and I’m a bit too scared to invest much of my bankroll into an unknown lineup. Literally their TOP (Zeus) and SUP (Keria) are the only two players that I’m confident will play.
I’m going single entry tonight, stacking Top Esports, JackeyLove as my CAPT, with a 3-man stack of RNG…likely their ADC/SUP/TEAM.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford