Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s four-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the four-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features two best-of-five matches:
TT (+425) vs. Victory Five (-750)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): TT 5.7 – V5 17.2
Invictus Gaming (+125) vs. Funplus Phoenix (-170)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Invictus 13.7 – Phoenix 14.8
Fredit BRION (+275) vs. DRX (-400)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): BRION 7.9 – DRX 15.6
Liiv SANDBOX (+425) vs. Gen.G Esports (-800)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): SANDBOX 9.5 – Gen.G 14.7
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: BAO (DRX – ADC), y4 (V5 – ADC), Mole (V5 – MID)
- TOP: Kingen (DRX), Rascal (GEN), Nuguri (FPX)
- JNG: Weiwei (V5), XUN (IG), Bo (FPX)
- MID: Mole (V5), SOLKA (DRX), Rookie (IG)
- ADC: BAO (DRX), y4 (V5), Lwx (FPX)
- SUP: Ppgod (V5), Crisp (FPX), Becca (DRX)
- TEAM: DRX, Victory Five, Gen.G Esports
The chalk will be DRX, with Victory Five and Gen.G also receiving a good amount of ownership.
That makes Funplus Phoenix my favorite stack on the slate, by default. I have them ahead of Gen.G in kills per game, and only slightly behind DRX. It should also be noted that four of the five starters for FPX grade out as top three point-per-dollar plays at their respective positions. Lwx makes for a very nice CAPT option that should have much lower ownership than the ADC and MID’s of DRX, V5, and even Gen.G.
If you’re looking for an upset on this slate, the only team I see capable of pulling it off is Invictus Gaming. Therefore, in the large-field GPP’s, it may be a better option to roll with an Invictus stack paired with Victory Five, who is my favorite team on the slate from a gross points perspective.
That’s about the only way I see playing this slate: Invictus with Victory Five in the large-field stuff, and Funplus Phoenix and Victory Five in the smaller field GPP’s. If you want to stack FPX and V5 in the large field stuff, you can, just don’t be surprised if you split first with 50 other lineups when you hit the nuts!
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford