Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for tonight’s slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features best-of-three matches:
eStar (+1000) vs. Suning (-2500)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): eStar 7.7 – Suning 16.2
Bilibili Gaming (+280) vs. Funplus Phoenix (-425)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Bilibili 11.8 – FPX 17.0
DRX (+250) vs. Gen.G Esports (-350)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): DRX 8.6 – Gen.G 12.8
Afreeca Freecs (+145) vs. Liiv SANDBOX (-185)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Freecs 12.5 – SANDBOX 13.9
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: huanfeng (SN – ADC), Lwx (FPX – ADC), Doinb (FPX – MID)
- TOP: bin (SN), Nuguri (FPX), Summit (LSB)
- JNG: SofM (SN), Dread (AF), Clid (GEN)
- MID: Doinb (FPX), Angel (SN), FATE (LSB)
- ADC: huanfeng (SN), Lwx (FPX), Prince (LSB)
- SUP: Crisp (FPX), Lehends (AF), ON (SN)
- TEAM: Afreeca Freecs, DRX, eStar
The chalk should be Funplus Phoenix and Suning.
As has been the trend, the two LPL favorites will likely get the most ownership again tonight. I’ve got both of them as big favorites, as the odds do, so I’m leaning toward getting one of them into my lineup tonight. I do like Funplus Phoenix a good bit better than Suning here. The FPX jungler doesn’t project very well, so I like making my 4-man stack with Nuguri, Lwx, Doinb, and Crisp.
Unfortunately, we’ll need to get creative if we want to stack one of the other favorites with FPX. Liiv SANDBOX is the cheapest of the two, but they also project to be in a tight game with Afreeca Freecs. I will probably look to stack up one 4-3 with FPX and the Freecs. Pricing will allow me to build an optimal lineup with Lwx or Doinb at CAPT with that combo.
If we go the other way, and use SANDBOX with Phoenix, we’ll likely need to use 4 players from the SANDBOX side, with 3 from FPX if we’re wanting an optimal CAPT like Lwx or Doinb.
I do like Gen.G, as well, I just don’t see any way to build a lineup with them unless we’re stacking two LCK teams together, and I’d like to avoid that tonight.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford