Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for tonight’s slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features best-of-three matches:
Edward Gaming (-2000) vs. eStar (+900)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): EDG 16.4 – eStar 8.1
LNG Esports (+475) vs. JD Gaming (-800)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): LNG 12.2 – JDG 13.2
Afreeca Freecs (+100) vs. Nongshim RedForce (-130)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Freecs 12.6 – Nongshim 12.3
T1 (-240) vs. DRX (+180)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): T1 12.8 – DRX 10.4
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Viper (EDG – ADC), Scout (EDG – MID), Light (LNG – ADC)
- TOP: Flandre (EDG), Kiin (AF), M1kuya (LNG)
- JNG: Cuzz (T1), Tarzan (LNG), Jiejie (EDG)
- MID: Scout (EDG), Icon (LNG), Yagao (JDG)
- ADC: Viper (EDG), Light (LNG), Teddy (T1)
- SUP: Meiko (EDG), Iwandy (LNG), Lehends (AF)
- TEAM: eStar, Afreeca Freecs, DRX
The chalk should be JD Gaming and Edward Gaming.
Edward Gaming is the biggest favorite by a wide margin. They are priced as such and would be a tough fade for me tonight. The issue is figuring out who to stack with them in lineups.
LNG is currently priced at +475, but my model projects this to be a much tighter matchup. With all five of their players grading out as top-three point-per-dollar plays, this makes for an interesting pairing. Not only are they extremely cheap, but they should come with very little ownership. If they win, and EDG rolls as we think they will, you could be in line for a nice payday with not very many duplicate lineups at the top of the heap. Keep in mind that I do not project them to win, so it would take a bit of an upset for this to work…but at the same time, this is League of Legends; we get upsets just about every night.
The other team I’m interested in tonight is the Afreeca Freecs. Priced at even money, I give them a very slight edge over Nongshim RedForce. The Freecs have lost four straight series, and eight of their last night, but if you go back to January 29, this same Freecs squad swept Nongshim 2-0. AF is one of the few LCK teams that we don’t need to worry about surprise lineup changes happening after lock. They stack nicely with EDG tonight, as well.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford