Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s four-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the four-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features four best-of-five matches:
Gen.G Esports (-1100) vs. Fredit BRION (+600)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Gen.G 14.3 – BRION 6.5
Afreeca Freecs (+125) vs. KT Rolster (-165)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Freecs 12.3 – Rolster 13.9
JD Gaming (-1000) vs. TT (+550)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): JDG 15.6 – TT 10.2
Invictus Gaming (+145) vs. Edward Gaming (-185)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Invictus 11.8 – EDG 15.5
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Viper (EDG – ADC), Scout (EDG – MID), Loken (JDG – ADC)
- TOP: Flandre (EDG), Doran (KT), Zoom (JDG)
- JNG: Xiaopeng (TT), Kanavi (JDG), Clid (GEN)
- MID: Scout (EDG), Yagao (JDG), Twila (TT)
- ADC: Viper (EDG), Loken (JDG), HyBriD (KT)
- SUP: Meiko (EDG), LvMao (JDG), Lehends (AF)
- TEAM: Gen.G Esports, JD Gaming, Invictus Gaming
The chalk should be JD Gaming and Edward Gaming.
If the two LPL favorites are going to be the chalk, the first players into my lineup will be from the LCK’s Gen.G Esports…-1100 favorites over a bad Fredit BRION team.
Now, the danger in playing LCK teams lies in the uncertainty of the lineups, but with Gen.G, we have a pretty good idea of who will be playing. Rascal, Ruler, and Life have played in all 24 games for Gen.G this split, with Bdd playing in 21 of 24, and Clid in 19 of 24.
I don’t see either of the LPL games ending in upsets, so I’ll look to stack Gen.G with either Afreeca Freecs or KT Rolster. Rolster has more of a tendency to swap players in and out, with Doran (TOP), HyBriD (ADC), and Zeus (SUP) being the only players I would consider probable to play all 2 or 3 games.
Afreeca Freecs has a much more solidified roster though, so they’d be my lean here, despite being slight underdogs. I will likely be playing multiple lineups with each of these teams stacked with Gen.G. I’ll be fading and praying for 3-game series for the high-owned squads in the LPL matches.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford