Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s four-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the four-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features two best-of-five matches:
Estar (+225) vs. LNG Esports (-325)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Estar 9.5 – LNG 12.5
Team WE (-185) vs. Royal Never Give Up (+135)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): WE 14.3 – Royal 13.0
Nongshim RedForce (-200) vs. Afreeca Freecs (+145)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Nongshim 9.4 – Freecs 13.1
DAMWON Gaming (-335) vs. Hanwha Life Esports (+235)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): DAMWON 16.4 – Hanwha 8.6
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Gala (RNG – ADC), Ghost (DWG – ADC), Bang (AF – ADC)
- TOP: Xiaohu (RNG), Breathe (WE), Kiin (AF)
- JNG: beishang (WE), WEI (RNG), Dread (AF)
- MID: ShowMaker (DWG), Fly (AF), icon (LNG)
- ADC: Gala (RNG), Ghost (DWG), Bang (AF)
- SUP: Ming (RNG), Lehends (AF), BeryL (DWG)
- TEAM: DAMWON Gaming, eStar, Afreeca Freecs
The chalk will be LNG Esports and DAMWON Gaming.
I have DAMWON Gaming projected for the most kills per game on the slate, but I don’t think we need to force them tonight. I like the looks of Team WE from both an upside and ownership perspective. I’ve got them above LNG, who should be the highest owned team on the slate. Yet, I think WE’s ownership comes in lower than the two chalk teams and even Nongshim RedForce, who is a slightly larger favorite.
There are a couple spots to look at for the upset tonight, but my favorite has to be the Afreeca Freecs, who I have projected for nearly 4 more kills per game than RedForce. The Freecs are cheap and low-owned enough to stack with DAMWON.
The most interesting stack to target on the slate for me is Royal Never Give Up. Yes, I have Team WE with a slight edge, but it’s a slim margin, and multiple players on RNG grade out as top values at their positions (Gala, Xiaohu, Ming).
This is a nice little slate we have here. I’ll be targeting the following combos in my lineups:
Team WE/Afreeca Freecs
DAMWON Gaming/Afreeca Freecs
DAMWON Gaming/Royal Never Give Up
LNG Esports/Afreeca Freecs
LNG Esports/Royal Never Give Up
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford