Tonight’s NHL slate features a total of 8 games and a 7:00 PM ET/4:00 PM PT roster lock.
Let’s get things rolling with our charts…
First, here is the standard “PACE OF PLAY” chart that takes Corsi/60 and adds it together with Corsi Allowed/60 at 5v5 play over the last two weeks.
And lastly, here’s one of my favorite things to look at, and that’s “VOLUME OF QUALITY CHANCES” at 5v5 play, which takes High-Danger Scoring Chances/60 and adds it together with High-Danger Scoring Chances Allowed/60 over the last two weeks.
Please be sure to keep track of the LINES (who plays with who) and goalie confirmations (who are the starting goalies). Here are the resources I recommend to keep an eye on any developments:
This information comes straight from writers who follow each of the NHL teams closely. If anything important ever comes up, they are surely the first to know and will know earlier than any DFS or NHL website. Following this list will make it easier for you to keep an eye on all types of changes throughout the day (e.g. line changes, goalie confirmations, and late scratches).
If a goalie gets confirmed as the starter throughout the day, this is where you’ll want to go to make sure they are locked in.
This resource is very good to check on line combinations from the previous game and the projected lines for the next game. Be aware that lines may update as they come in, so if a team holds a morning skate, there’s a good chance that the lines that are updated from the morning skate are going to be used in that night’s game.
MAIN SLATE (8 GAMES – 7:00 PM ET/4:00 PM PT lock)
*Stacks are now listed in order of projected ownership (chalky to not chalky)
- CAR1: Teuvo Teravainen/Sebastian Aho/Andrei Svechnikov
- TOR1: Zach Hyman/Auston Matthews/William Nylander
- NYRPP1: (in order of preference) Mika Zibanejad/Pavel Buchnevich/Artemi Panarin/Tony DeAngelo/Ryan Strome
- PITPP1: (in order of preference) Evgeni Malkin/Patric Hornqvist/Sidney Crosby/Jason Zucker/Justin Schultz
- ANA2: Rickard Rakell/Adam Henrique/Jakub Silfverberg
- Possible add-on: Michael Del Zotto or Matt Irwin or Christian Djoos
- DET1: Anthony Mantha/Dylan Larkin/Tyler Bertuzzi
- MTL1: Brendan Gallagher/Max Domi/Charles Hudon
- NSH2: Filip Forsberg/Mikael Granlund (mini stack)
- Possible add-on: Roman Josi or Ryan Ellis
- OTTPP1: (in order of preference) Anthony Duclair/Brady Tkachuk/Connor Brown/Thomas Chabot/Colin White
- MTL2: Paul Byron/Phillip Danault/Joel Armia
- OTTPP2: (in order of preference) Bobby Ryan/Mike Reilly/Rodolfs Balcers/Chris Tierney/Mikkel Boedker
- CAR3: Brock McGinn/Jordan Staal/Justin Williams
- DET2: Darren Helm/Valtteri Filppula/Sam Gagner
- Family life sadly got in the way of much detail in my rankings, but please join me in the Chat for clarification. I should be in the Chat for most of the day. Also, if you want to know how much time I spent researching tonight’s slate, well, it took me about three hours going through numbers, salaries, matchups, and more. So don’t worry about the lack of breakdown. I did the research.
STAND-ALONE VALUE OPTIONS
*Some lineups just need value. If you’re rostering an expensive stack, you will undoubtedly need some value plays scattered throughout your lineup. Most of these plays are also cash game viable.
- Charlie Coyle, C
- Travis Zajac, C
- Morgan Geekie, W
- Bobby Ryan, W (narrative play)
- Justin Williams, W
- Danton Heinen, W
- Kasperi Kapanen, W (DK only)
- Adam Fox, D
- Mike Reilly, D
- Joel Edmundson, D (DK only)
- Matt Irwin, D (DK only)
- Ryan McDonagh, D (DK only)