Today’s NHL Cash Game Breakdown goes over Thursday’s (10) game slate that has a roster lock of 7:00 PM ET/4:00 PM PT.
Please be sure to keep an eye on late news by looking at our NHL Team Beat Writers lists on Twitter by clicking here.
Positional Cash Game Rankings
- Mikael Backlund, Flames (DK: $4600, FD: $4800)
- Mark Scheifele, Jets (DK: $6400, FD: $7200)
- Chandler Stephenson, Golden Knights (DK: $4300, FD: $3800)
- William Karlsson, Golden Knights (DK: $5300, FD: $5200)
- Pius Suter, Blackhawks (DK: $4800, FD: $3700) // only cash viable on FD
- Jack Roslovic, Blue Jackets (DK: $4100, FD: $4300)
- Ryan Getzlaf, Ducks (DK: $3200, FD: $4800) // only cash viable on DK
- Seeing Backlund’s name on the top of this list is probably a surprise for most of you guys, but I don’t know if I can pay that price for McDavid when he’s facing a good Habs team that was able to shut him down in the first two games of the season. I am probably going with value at C unless I decide to go with Scheifele against the Senators. I am in on Backlund because his play has been outstanding since being placed on a line with Mangiapane, and this line who that’s been red hot is going to be facing a terrible Canucks defense. I would be absolutely shocked if Backlund doesn’t provide value (over 10 fantasy points) tonight with this matchup.
- Scheifele hasn’t been on a line with two guys not named Connor and Wheeler in some time, but he is slowly developing chemistry with Ehlers and Copp, who are both extremely good on the forecheck, and attacking the net. Add the power-play time as one of the main shot targets against a Senators team that is still struggling no matter how well they did against the Habs/McDavid from a defensive perspective, I think it makes sense for him to be your pay up option.
- Nikolaj Ehlers, Jets (DK: $6400, FD: $6300)
- Alex DeBrincat, Blackhawks (DK: $6900, FD: $6600)
- Max Pacioretty, Golden Knights (DK: $8300, FD: $8100)
- Alex Iafallo, Kings (DK: $4900, FD: $4600)
- Patrick Kane, Blackhawks (DK: $7600, FD: $8100)
- Jordan Eberle, Islanders (DK: $5100, FD: $5800)
- Kyle Connor, Jets (DK: $6000, FD: $7200) // will be more popular on DK at that price
- Filip Forsberg, Predators (DK: $6700, FD: $7300)
- Andrew Copp, Jets (DK: $5300, FD: $4000) // prefer playing him on FD
- Andrew Mangiapane, Flames (DK: $3500, FD: $4200)
- Timo Meier, Sharks (DK: $4700, FD: $4800)
- Bryan Rust, Penguins (DK: $5900, FD: $6000)
- Evgenii Dadonov, Senators (DK: $3700, FD: $4200
- Adrian Kempe, Kings (DK: $4100, FD: $4500)
- Ehlers is having an absolute break out season right now. All of his underlying numbers are through the roof, and he should be able to have a field day against this Senators team that he dominated for back-to-back-to-back games roughly three weeks ago. Lock him in to all your cash lineups.
- DeBrincat has been an absolute force over the last week or so. In fact, he has led all of tonight’s available players in peripherals accumulated over the last two weeks. On top of that, I really think there’s something very wrong in that Columbus locker room, which may be effecting their team defense as a whole.
- Pacioretty has not scored a goal since his hat-trick against the Blues before VGK was shut down due to COVID issues. I wouldn’t worry about that too much though. He’s still his aggressive self and gets another matchup against a Ducks team that has been playing with much more pace than they did when these teams first met.
- The Kings top line is quietly having themselves their best season in awhile, and a big reason for that is Iafallo, who is basically attached to Kopitar’s hip. The Kings top line has historically matched up extremely well against the Sharks. Iafallo, for instance, has put together 10 points over his last eight meetings against the Sharks.
- Seth Jones, Blue Jackets (DK: $4800, FD: $4700)
- Brent Burns, Sharks (DK: $6500, FD: $6400)
- Alec Martinez, Golden Knights (DK: $6100, FD: $4100) // better value on FD
- Calvin de Haan, Blackhawks (DK: $4200, FD: $3700)
- Josh Morrissey, Jets (DK: $4700, FD: $4000) // better FD play
- Pierre-Oliver Joseph, Penguins (DK: $3600, FD: $3800)
- Cale Clague, Kings (DK: $3100, FD: $3600) // only cash viable on DK
- Seth Jones is a different player when Werenski is out of the lineup. He definitely appears to be more willing to take charge, and is clearly more aggressive based on the underlying numbers.
- Really tough to fade Burns tonight when there’s no expensive centers I’m looking to roster, and there’s value galore throughout. He’s getting close to 30 minutes a game right now and is statistically the most aggressive defenseman available tonight. The matchup against the Kings should be good too. I expect Jonathan Quick to be in the crease, and time after time, we’re seeing him let in softies.
- Jacob Markstrom, Flames (DK: $7900, FD: $7600)
- Connor Hellebuyck, Jets (DK: $8300, FD: $7900)
- Kevin Lankinen, Blackhawks (DK: $7700, FD:$7200)
DraftKings: Mikael Backlund, Nikolaj Ehlers, Alex DeBrincat, Seth Jones
FanDuel: Mikael Backlund, Nikolaj Ehlers, Alex DeBrincat, Seth Jones