Brian Healy reviews current Splits leaders for KBO DFS!
As the MLB owners and players union are finally starting to get things together, we are still staying up late/waking up early to play KBO DFS. We are through just over eight weeks, and the play/coverage has been great. While we don’t see as many strikeouts or home runs, it has been a fantastic product to enjoy while we wait for MLB return.
The biggest challenge to prepare for KBO baseball thus far is getting your hands on the relevant data you are used to when playing MLB. When analyzing batters, I like to have a good understanding of their splits vs. given pitcher (Righty/Lefty) and their recent form in terms of hard hits. Let’s dig into some of the league leaders as far as Splits go.
Extra Base Hits vs. RHP (>100 AB’s):
- Preston Tucker: Batting a fantastic .379 vs. RHP, Tucker leads the league with a 16% XBH rate. We see him priced up on a nightly basis but is certainly a high upside producer for your GPP lineups.
- Jung hoo Lee: One of my favorite players in the KBO has been Jung hoo Lee. A very well rounded game with the ability to get on base (.389 AVG vs. RHP), can hit for XBH (15%), has excellent power and has a minuscule 8% whiff rate.
- Ah Seop Son: Not the guy we turn to when looking for power/home runs. When searching for combination of high floor and upside, Son gives us just that. He is hitting RHP at a .404 clip while resulting in 12% XBH. He is certainly a target for cash/GPP’s on a nightly basis.
Extra Base Hits vs. LHP:
- Given the KBO doesn’t have many LHP, the sample size on these hitters is significantly smaller so it is something I’ll continue to monitor.
- Jin sung Kang: In a tiny 32 AB’s against LHP, Kang sits right in the middle of the potent Dino’s offense that gives him endless opportunity to produce. With a .438 AVG against LHP and a .531 ISO, he is a lock and load if we see him matched up with a left-handed starter.
- Jeong dae Bae: Leadoff man for the Wiz, Jeong dae Bae has been excellent against LHP in his limited 31 AB’s: .452 AVG, 26% hard-hit rate and 1.302 OPS. Look for Bae in future matchups against LHP.
As the content team at Elite continues to compile KBO data, we will continue to push more and more of it out in our daily articles to help you make informed decisions when building your lineups!
Remember to follow me on Twitter @BHealy19
Did you miss my KBO DFS Hard Hit Report? Now you didn’t!