This article will attempt to bridge the gap between the conservative Man’s Cash Doctrine, and the all in Mass Multi Entry (MME) approach to GPPs. There is a middle ground we call winnable GPPs. They are perfect for the more risk tolerant DFS players. Many GPPs pay out 22-25% of the field, and if you search you can find some that pay out 2X on your entry fee if you place in the outer fringe.
By all means play your cash games and take your shots downfield on a large field GPPs when it fits your situation. But here we will focus on the winnable GPPs that pay 22%-25% of the field and avoid the robotic mass entry sharks. That said; always take a shot downfield…
But forget about being rational for now… (Mans is going to hate this)
HAVE FUN IN WEEK ONE!
The top 5 reasons to play the Milimakers in week one
5. There are lots of new players hitting the landscape this season. Now that Draftkings is a public trading company, the ad spending is through the roof. Let’s take advantage of the guys without experience badges! Not Elite Fantasy Subs though. See #1!
4. We have a lack of stats. You may laugh at this, but it’s true. So many sites are totally stat driven. Many use last year’s stats to drive projections in the early part of the season. Week one is the Wild West! Strap on your six shooter (this is not endorsing or condoning the use of firearms), and may you have the sun at your back cowboys and cowgirls!
3. We have hometown/diehard fans among us! That’s right folks. Your Uncle Benny lives in New Jersey and still doesn’t know or frankly doesn’t care the Jets couldn’t beat your high school football team in week one. You will see guys stacking the Jets, Miami, Washington, and even Jacksonville…Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE HOMETOWN/DIEHARD FANS! Easy pickings…
2. Drunk people. Yep, they are out there, and with their cell phone and their handy dandy apps, they will be popping entries into the Millies at an alarming rate. I’m not saying there isn’t chance to come up with the perfect lineup sitting in a bar with your buddies. I’d just like to think some good clear thinking will give you the edge. This leads us to the number one reason to play the Milis in week one!
1. Elite Fantasy Analysts! Yeah baby. You have a host of experts in your corner. Not only for week one but for the entire season! There will be Epic Friday Livestreams on Friday with Mans and guests. How is that for a teaser? And the latest intel will be dropped by Ricky and Healy during the now famous Sunday morning streams. Yeah 2020 is getting better all the time.
NFL Week 1 – DK Main Slate
NFL $5M FANTASY FOOTBALL MILLIONAIRE – This is a horrible contest to enter and we all know it! With over a million entrants you don’t stand a chance at winning. It’s a 150 max entry contest, and the big boys will be all over the place to earn bragging rights for taking this one down. First place looks wondrous with a top prize of a cool million. But if you look closer tenth place gets a pitiful 10K. So let’s be honest, you will need the perfect lineup to impress your significant other here. That said…This contest still pays out 1.6X and just over 25% of the field. If you typically pop 50 bucks a week on lottery tickets, take a week off and HAVE FUN WITH WEEK ONE! I’ll see you in there!
NFL Week 1 – FD Main Slate
$3.3M NFL Sunday Million – Another horrible contest to enter, but we are in YOLO mode because it’s week one of an NFL season we didn’t think would happen back in March. This is a bad tourney for a number of reasons. What stands out with all bad contests is the percentage of the overall purse going to first place. In the case of the Sunday Million, it’s 30%. The top 10 finishes will receive almost 42%! If you finish in 10th place you will only take home $2500. Is there any good news with this contest? Well yes there is! It actually pays out 27.6% of finishes with a min cash of 1.5X. So even if you don’t compose the perfect lineup, you still have a good chance at returning money to your bankroll.
Well here we are! Week one! We are playing football and have DFS lineups to build. Good luck in week one! Peace and as always, stay safe out there.