Duke’s EPL DFS Preview for Wednesday’s Showdown slate between Chelsea and Arsenal…
PROFIT! I’ve now won 6 of the last 8 slates which doesn’t always happen but is certainly a sign that we are staying sharp as we near the end of the season. That is so KEY. We have NHL playoffs, NBA winding down, PGA heating up…there are so many different sports to distract the players and content providers alike.
Stay the course, trust the process and enjoy the days in the green. If you haven’t won over the last week and a half, take a look back at the slates and see where you went wrong and what you could have done differently. We either win or we learn.
To the desert…
Chelsea are on one right now. City and Chelsea both rolled out relative second units and Cheslea were able to overcome an early deficit to pick up all three points and delay Man City’s title celebration.
Team news will be quite interesting in this match as well. Chelsea are in the FA Cup final on Saturday and will surely be putting their best foot forward towards a trophy. Coupled with Liverpool likely getting a full strength Man United on Thursday and Chelsea shouldn’t be that worried about their top 4 spot.
I say that to say we could see a relative second team here again. It makes the rankings tough but I’ll make some assumptions and go from there. As always, I’ll be in the chat before kickoff to help with any pivots but let’s talk Arsenal.
Shit stinks in London. Obviously the Kroenke Out drumbeats are getting louder and we had Arteta taking out Aubameyang as they needed a goal to advance to the Europa League final. Their inability to bag a goal just shows how soft this team is mentally. Technically they can play with anyone but they have so many holes that pop up throughout the match.
We should see a first team from Arsenal in this match but, sitting 9th, with no trophies left to play for, you wonder what we’ll see from this team. To me, they look like they are hanging on by a thread just waiting to rip apart and collapse.
What you don’t want when you are in a tough spot is a physically exhausting match. That is what Chelsea present on every occasion under Tuchel. Chelsea are rightfully favorites here and I’ll tentatively back them to win, pending team news.
- Ziyech – CHE – $8.2k
- Chasing? Eh, maybe. He put all 3 shots on goal against City and in general was very influential in a game that should have a better game flow. No Mount is key here…
- Saka – ARS – $8.6k
- From a cash perspective I’m a bit hesitant but he’s insanely consistent with his production so the price doesn’t scare me that much. What upside does he have?
- Havertz – CHE – $8k
- He’s really coming into his own but typically plays best with Werner who might not start. Neither could Havertz to be honest but I’m projecting him to start at the #9 position and I think he has the most upside on the slate.
- Chilwell – CHE – $7.8k
- Fullbacks generally can play games on short turn arounds. Alonso had a fantastic last match and could keep his place. Whoever starts at LWB is in CPT consideration.
- Havertz – CHE – $8k CASH AND GPP
- Ziyech – CHE – $8.2k CASH AND GPP
- Saka – ARS – $8.6k CASH AND GPP
- Aubameyang – ARS – $9.8k
- Pulisic – CHE – $8.8k
- Chilwell – CHE- $7.8k CASH AND GPP
- James – CHE – $6.6k CASH AND GPP
- Lacazette – ARS – $9.4k
- Tierney – ARS – $6.2k CASH AND GPP
- Odegaard – ARS – $7.6k
- Mendy – CHE – $7.4k CASH AND GPP
- Rudiger – CHE – $5k
- Kante – CHE – $3.8k CASH AND GPP
- Magalhaes – ARS – $3.6k
- Partay – ARS – $3.4k CASH AND GPP