Duke breaks down the Chelsea/Brighton Showdown slate this Tuesday in the EPL!
I’m not saying I’m the best, but if you can’t do this from the beach I don’t know that you should be advising subscribers. 🙂
As I said in the chat, this was my cash squad. It cashed with ease in every possible competition. It was competitive in GPPs. Boy oh boy did we have fun on Monday. Let’s run it back on Tuesday. Again, one slate every day. Vamos!
To the desert…
Chelsea are through to the finals of the FA Cup. Chelsea have advanced in the Champions League. If they win the Champions League it doesn’t matter where they finish in the league..they’ll qualify. For what? The Super League? The Champions League.
Obviously, the bombshell was dropped this week about the long rumoured group of teams that have gone behind the backs of UEFA officials and created a new means to an end. That end is the same, as always…money. I don’t want to get into it here but I will on Thursday across several shows on our network. So for now, let’s assume everyone is still moving along with the status quo and we’ll get a best effort from Chelsea.
Chelsea are by no means guaranteed a top 4 spot. They sit 5th now with West Ham in 4th. They are just 1 point behind with a game in hand so in theory, a draw here would pull them level on points and ahead on goal differential.
Tuchel has already said he wants to compete with the best and they play West Ham and Real Madrid in the next 7 days. Will we see some rotation here? I would guess so considering they just played on Saturday. Chelsea’s rotated squad could beat most first teams in the league, including Brighton. Tuesday should be fun.
Brighton have held their own in this fixture….at home. As they travel to Stamford Bridge they are coming off a 3-1 ass tapping at the hands of these same players. They haven’t won a single game against the top 5 and while the game typically looks balanced, they are on the receiving end of the onslaught.
When Danny Welbeck is your main attacking threat it might be time to just pray you can stay up. They are in 16th but just 6 points from the relegation zone.
Let’s play a game. Who would you rather have?
Alonso or Dan Burn?
Werner or Maupay?
Pulisic or Welbeck?
You get the point. No matter the squad, Chelsea will have the talent edge. I’ll take talent on a game that matters for both teams.
- Mount – CHE – $11.6k
- Assuming no Ziyech, I’m good paying this price.
- Pulisic – CHE – $10.8k
- WOAH THE TWO MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYERS DUKE? GOOD CALL DUDE. Look, they are the best 2 options and can both pay off their price. Let’s see what happens with team news but this is a pay up slate for me.
- Gross – BHA – $9.8k
- Great floor.
- Havertz – CHE – $7k
- Mehhhhhh give me that freaking goal man.
- James – CHE -$8.8k
- He’s been stinking up the park lately but they’ll be playing against a system that should allow him to get forward.
- Welbeck – BHA – $5.8k
- I mean….I guess?! He’s been in good form, he’s cheap and in a game flow that is low scoring and if Welbeck scores this is obviously viable.
- Mount – CHE – CASH AND GPP
- Gross – BHA – CASH AND GPP
- Chilwell/Alonso – CHE – CASH AND GPP
- Pulisic – CHE – CASH AND GPP
- Trossard – BHA
- Werner – CHE
- Jorginho – CHE – CASH AND GPP
- Mendy – CHE – CASH AND GPP
- Veltman – BHA – CASH AND GPP
- Azpilicueta – CHE