CHECK OUT THE MLB LIVE-STREAM FOR A DEEPER DIVE INTO THE ANALYSIS OF THE PLAYS…
SOMETIMES DFS MLB GPP PLAYS MAY SLIGHTLY CHANGE AFTER SHARING IDEAS WITH THE GUYS ON THE STREAM SO MAKE SURE U TUNE IN!
PITCHING TIERS I WILL BE ROCKING WITH TODAY
- Berrios….I don’t love much in pitching today, and there are no real high priced arms, so Berrios kinda becomes the de facto #1 on this slate. I am not gonna attack a white-hot Minnesota team with Giolito right now, so Berrios is the pay up guy….but I won’t be paying up.
- Anderson…..Mid-tier is trash! Tanaka and Porcello, I don’t have interest in at all in a game that should be a shootout. Plutko is facing a pesky Royals team that is only striking out at a 19% clip of late…..Anderson vs. the Rangers is probably the only thing I have interest in. I think Anderson could have a decent run prevention game, but the problem with him is he strikes out like 2 ppl per game. I do think this could possibly be a 4 or 5 K game in a good K matchup, but 3 is his usual target, so I will pay down a bit and save some money.
- Suarez and LeBlanc are the 2 guys to go with today. They are both $6200 and $5900 on FanDuel, and there is NOTHING above them that scares me at all to fade. Both these guys have great matchups vs. Baltimore and Detroit, 2 bottom feeding offenses, but I will lean LeBlanc, who is more of a known commodity and gets the Tigers. Detroit strikes out 26% of the time vs. lefties. Crazy to say it, but LeBlanc is my #1 PP$ pitcher today.
FAVORITE CHALK STACK (20%+)
- Boston/Yankees game stack. I know the Angels are gonna be the uber chalk today, but that just makes me more interested in game stacking the Yanks tonight. I know this game will come in highly owned, but the Angels should draw it down a tad.
- Oakland…..Jurado has given up 16 runs in his last 17 innings, and although there is not amazing weather or an amazing park to hit in here, I think Oakland can sneakily compete with the top 3 stacks.
- Stack the Yankees/Redsox game but leave off the high owned guys. Tauchman, LeMahieu, JBJ, Moreland to name a few that will go low owned and get u exposure to this shootout.
Double Dong: Ohtani
5% owned Sleeper: Tauchman
1% owned Sleeper: Mancini
Stolen Base Target: Mallex
Fade of the Day: High Priced Pitching
TUNE INTO THE LIVESTREAM OR READ THE LIVESTREAM RECAP ARTICLE FOR ALL MY POSITIONAL BREAKDOWNS.
DFS MLB GPP STACKS
- Angels – No surprise here, as stacking against the Orioles has been a profitable endeavor all season long. Tonight, the Angels will have the pleasure of teeing off against Jimmy Yacabonis, Tom Eshelman and the rest of the Orioles bullpen, nearly all of whom are very poor pitchers. Shohei Ohtani will return to the lineup, and I think the Angels tee off here in warmer than usual weather in Los Angeles.
- Yankees – The red hot Bronx Bombers head to Boston to take on Rick Porcello, and this doesn’t seem like it will go particularly well for Porcello. He’s struggled this season, and it could be about to get worse for Porcello. His velocity has never been something to write home about, but it has dipped even further in his two starts out of the All-Star Break. In his last start against the Orioles, Porcello had his lowest velocity on all five of his pitches. There’s a pretty good chance he’s dealing with some sort of nagging injury, and if that’s the case (and frankly even if it’s not), things could really go south for Porcello here.