CHECK OUT THE MLB LIVE-STREAM FOR A DEEPER DIVE INTO THE ANALYSIS OF THE PLAYS…
SOMETIMES MLB GPP PLAYS MAY SLIGHTLY CHANGE AFTER SHARING IDEAS WITH THE GUYS ON THE STREAM SO MAKE SURE U TUNE IN!
PITCHING TIERS I WILL BE ROCKING WITH TODAY
- Clevinger……I will not be paying up today, especially for a guy like Clevinger, but he does project to be the highest scoring pitcher on the board for me by a good deal against a weak-hitting Tigers offense.
Others: Paddack, German (weather)
- Ray….I know this is a scary play, but I like it better than the more popular chalk options at the top. Duffy is a decent play if you wanna take the discount, but I really just have a feeling Robbie is gonna ball out today. Gallo and Mazara will be out today, and although they are great K targets, I still prefer facing this Texas lineup without them. Texas is not a great park to pitch in, but the Rangers suck vs. lefties and Ray is auditioning for the trade market. I think Ray, knowing this is his audition for about 5 big teams looking to make a big push, brings his A-game today and strikes out 10 vs. the Rangers. I do not doubt that he will give up a couple runs, but I think he makes up for it in strikeouts.
- Richards….Richards went for 30DK pts earlier this year when he faced SD (we had him), and although he has been bad of late, the price and matchup are very good. I think he goes out and limits the damage, striking out about 6 or 7 guys, and we sail to value on this one against the most strikeout prone team in baseball vs. RHP.
MLB GPP PLAYS – STACKS
FAVORITE CHALK STACK (20%+)
- Dodgers….Pivetta sucks is #ThingsTommyGInvented so you know when I get the Dodgers against him in a hitter-friendly park with the road at-bat and hot weather, I am going to be all over that one.
Others: Wash, Bos
- Royals…..Not sure there is a better sneaky stack today than the Royals vs. Nova, who shouldn’t be in the majors, in 98-degree weather, with 10+ mph wind blowing out.
- Angels….The Angels have scored 55 runs in their last 6 games, and as long as Trout plays, this could be a .01% owned stack today. Cole is a great pitcher, but he is a bit more human on the road and has had a bit of a home run issue this year. I wouldn’t go all-in on this, but if Trout is in, definitely feel comfortable peeling off Trout, Ohtani, Upton and hope the heater continues.
Double Dong: Soto
5% owned Sleeper: Encarnacion
1% owned Sleeper: Ohtani
Stolen Base Target: Trea Turner
Fade of the Day: Cole
TUNE INTO THE LIVESTREAM OR READ THE LIVESTREAM RECAP ARTICLE FOR ALL MY POSITIONAL BREAKDOWNS.