CHECK OUT THE MLB LIVE-STREAM FOR A DEEPER DIVE INTO THE ANALYSIS OF THE PLAYS…
SOMETIMES MLB GPP PLAYS MAY SLIGHTLY CHANGE AFTER SHARING IDEAS WITH THE GUYS ON THE STREAM SO MAKE SURE U TUNE IN!
PITCHING TIERS I WILL BE ROCKING WITH TODAY
- Lynn….$11,200 is a HAUL to pay for Lance Lynn, but he is not Lance Lynn this year; he is Justin Verlander, and it’s time we all accept that. Lynn has become a stud this year, and I think it is here to stay. A matchup with Arizona today is not elite, but it is not a terrible matchup either with the Dbacks ranking middle of the pack vs. righties in wOBA, ISO, wRC+, etc. I think Lynn strikes out 9 today, and at $9800 on FD, he is worth the price, but $11.2k on DK may be a tad too rich for my blood.
- Yamamoto…..The Padres have the highest K-rate in all of baseball vs. righties so a moderately priced Yamamoto ($8.7k on FD, $9.5k on DK) is a very solid play. I don’t think he will be extremely highly owned today either so he is my favorite pitcher on the board, price considered.
- Wojciechowski…a 30% K-rate at close to min price…..Don’t mind if I do…..weather permitting.
FAVORITE CHALK STACK (20%+)
- COL/SF…..14.5 total on this Coors game today, and everyone may be a little gun shy from the flop last night, but Lambert is fucking atrocious and Pomeranz should struggle with the break on his breaking balls in that air.
- LAD….I love the Dodgers tonight on the road in the heat in a hitter-friendly park with the extra road at-bat vs. a guy who is very boom or bust and doesn’t go deep. This is my favorite non-Coors stack by far.
Others: NYY, Tex
- Texas….I think people really believe Alex Young is this good…..newsflash….he isn’t. I think he has looked very good so far, but regression is a motherfucker and it begins today!
Double Dong: Arenado
5% owned Sleeper: Gallo
1% owned Sleeper: Freeman
Stolen Base Target: Trea Turner
Fade of the Day: Flaherty
TUNE INTO THE LIVESTREAM OR READ THE LIVESTREAM RECAP ARTICLE FOR ALL MY POSITIONAL BREAKDOWNS.
Coors Field let us down in a huge way last night, but I’m going right back to the well tonight with two bad pitchers on the mound and 90-degree temperatures. Coors won’t be held back again!
FAVORITE (NON-COORS) GPP PLAYS AT EACH POSITION
Victor Caratini – Caratini continues to get a lot of run with Wilson Contreras out of the Cubs’ lineup. He’s been a pretty solid hitter all year long and gets to face Desclafani, who gets murdered by left-handed bats.
Josh Bell – A big fat zero for Josh Bell last night, but I’m going right back to the well. We should get him at 1% ownership against Jack Flaherty, who gets hit plenty hard by left-handed bats.
Freddie Freeman – Two mashers at low ownership against chalk pitchers. With everyone on Brandon Woodruff, I’ll take Freeman who certainly still has the advantage in this matchup despite the talent of Woodruff (who isn’t as good vs. left-handed bats).
Jose Altuve – He’s going to be chalky today, but it’s chalk worth eating at a weak second base position. Altuve is on fire right now after a rough start to the year and missing some time due to injury. Still just $4000 on DK, Altuve will face Andrew Heaney, a talented pitcher but a pitcher who gives up a ton of home runs. It’s also warmer than usual in LA tonight, and the ball should be flying.
Yoan Moncada – Moncada had a disappointing game last night but draws an even better matchup tonight against Glenn Sparkman. Sparkman is terrible and even worse against left-handed bats. He doesn’t strike anyone out, which is Moncada’s main weakness. He’ll go yard tonight at low ownership compared to some other popular third baseman in Coors Field (though, of course, Nolan Arenado is a fantastic play at just about the same price point).
Jorge Polanco – I think the Twins are going to do some serious damage in great hitting weather against Steven Matz tonight. Matz has been just awful away from home against right-handed bats, and I anticipate Polanco sliding a bit under the radar.
Juan Soto – The red hot Soto will face off against Asher Wojciechowski in a great hitters park in Baltimore. Of course, he’ll get the horrendous Orioles’ pen after that, and I see a big game coming for the youngster tonight.
For DC’s Top Arms tonight, see his MLB Pitching Coach!