CHECK OUT THE MLB LIVE-STREAM FOR A DEEPER DIVE INTO THE ANALYSIS OF THE PLAYS…
SOMETIMES PLAYS IN THE MLB GPP BREAKDOWN MAY SLIGHTLY CHANGE AFTER SHARING IDEAS WITH THE GUYS ON THE STREAM SO MAKE SURE U TUNE IN!
PITCHING TIERS I WILL BE ROCKING WITH TODAY
- Minor…..A matchup against the Tigers is always one to make our mouths water, and when u combine it with one of the most surprising pitchers of 2019, it makes it even sexier. I will be taking some risks at starting pitcher today, so I would not pay up this much, but if I were to pay up, Minor is the perfect combo of upside and safety.
- Valdez….Valdez is my guy today. I don’t think we can overreact to a piss poor performance vs. the superteam from NY since that lineup is insane. Prior to the Yankees, Valdez looked very good. At this price, I am really looking for a QS, a win and ability to stack my bats, so as a -235 favorite vs. a Pitt team that strikes out almost 25% of the time vs. lefties with a 75 wRC+ and ISO in the 130s makes for a pretty safe value play on today’s slate.
- Barria….If u need a clean punt, Barria is the guy. I was a huge Barria guy when he first came up and was confused to see him struggle so much early, but after going down and working on mechanics, he came up and pitched great his last start. I believe in his skill set and think this matchup vs. Cinci is a very soft one today, so if I am punting pitcher, Barria is my guy.
FAVORITE CHALK STACK (20%+)
- Philly…..87 degrees vs. Vargas and the Mets terrible bullpen, with a slight wind blowing out, SCREAMS stack me for a team that is about to go on a serious run and who has turned it around after being embarrassed this weekend vs. the Marlins.
Others: Milw, LAA
- Houston….I do not think they are chalk, but they will not be unowned either, so they fall in that 5-12% sneaky category. A matchup against a fairly healthy Houston team for a young starter IN Houston is one you always have to exploit.
Others: Cubs, Mets
- Tampa….Odorizzi has been pitching WAAAY over his head all year. I have been waiting for his regression to approach, and it seems to be upon us. After giving up 15 hits and eight runs to the pathetic Royals in his last two starts, it is a VERY contrarian sneaky play to attack him with the Rays today. I wouldn’t go all in on this, but the Rays should get to him at 1% owned.
Double Dong: Yelich
5% owned Sleeper: Yordan Alvarez
1% owned Sleeper: Soto
Stolen Base Target: Acuna
Fade of the day: Gallen
TUNE INTO THE LIVESTREAM OR READ THE LIVESTREAM RECAP ARTICLE FOR ALL MY POSITIONAL MLB GPP BREAKDOWN.
- Phillies – The Phillies get the pleasure of hitting against Jason Vargas, who has turned in a few surprisingly good starts recently but is still very much a pitcher we want to target. Optimal hitting conditions in Philadelphia tonight where the ball will be flying. That’s what we want against a pitcher like Vargas who struggles to strike anyone out. I think we see several home runs out of the Phillies tonight, making them my #1 overall target.
- Astros – I’m not quite sure what to think about Pirates starter Dario Agrazal, who was pretty impressive in his first start but has pedestrian minor league numbers. I’ll trust Vegas on this one, who have the Astros tagged at a team total near six runs. The Astros are finally getting healthy, and we should really see this offensive take off soon.
- Angels – I love stacking against Tanner Roark, and the Angels have the bats to make it work with a lot of power from both sides of the plate in the top half of their lineup. I expect this one to go slightly under the radar, but La Stella, Trout, Ohtani, Upton and Calhoun all make for excellent plays tonight.