CHECK OUT THE MLB LIVE-STREAM FOR A DEEPER DIVE INTO THE ANALYSIS OF THE PLAYS…
SOMETIMES MLB GPP PLAYS MAY SLIGHTLY CHANGE AFTER SHARING IDEAS WITH THE GUYS ON THE STREAM SO MAKE SURE U TUNE IN!
PITCHING TIERS I WILL BE ROCKING WITH TODAY
- Max…..not sure how many times we can have an elite pitcher vs. the Marlins and not have it pay off, but this doesn’t SEEM like one of those spots, but keep in mind the Marlins have kept Max from his ceiling twice already this year in two attempts. One time was a decent start for Max, but the other was an abortion. Max is obviously the top arm and matchup combo on the board, but I don’t wanna pay up today.
- Ray….This is a VERY CONTRARIAN risky play here. Price is probably a lot safer, but I rarely roster him cause even when he is on, he doesn’t seem to smash value often, so I am ok with the fade usually. Ray has faced the Dodgers twice this year and struck out 18 batters in those 2 outings. Ray is also a much better strikeout pitcher at home this year. The only player on this team which has had some decent success against him in the past is Taylor who is WHITE HOT, so I think this is one of those weird spots where u can punt with Taylor on FD against ur SP, although I probably won’t. Ray has big strikeout upside today and since the Dodgers players have all played like 10 days in a row, I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of the big guns sit. If they do, I love Ray.
- Nothins….Maybe Bassitt….but really nothing today.
FAVORITE CHALK STACK (20%+)
- Yankees……what gave it away? Was it the 7.7 team total? lol
Others: Cubs, Atlanta
- Padres….it’s never fun to stack the Padres, but good weather a great pitching matchup, combined with a Baltimore bullpen that has a 7.56 ERA since June 1st seems like a very “Philly like” spot from last night.
- SF….no one will roster them at all today, but good weather and a Chi Chi Gonzalez makes them interesting 1 offs or mini stacks at minimum.
Double Dong: Baez
5% owned Sleeper: Gallo
1% owned Sleeper: Trout
Stolen Base Target: McNeil
Fade of the day: High priced pitching
TUNE INTO THE LIVESTREAM OR READ THE LIVESTREAM RECAP ARTICLE FOR ALL MY POSITIONAL BREAKDOWNS.
- Yankees – A truly ridiculous spot. They’ll face off against Clayton Richard, who has no chance against right-handed bats, and they’ve finally got their full lineup healthy. Vegas isn’t missing anything here, with a team total near EIGHT. Unheard of. Great hitting weather in New York as well. Nearly every Yankee is underpriced, and you’ll see this team come in extremely chalky.
- Padres – The Padres matchup really isn’t far behind the Yankees tonight. They’ll get the opener of Yacabonis (who is bad) and then lefty Josh Rogers (who they should destroy). A huge park bump for the Padres pitching in hitter-friendly Baltimore, and the Padres have the advantage of getting a full nine innings of at-bats no matter what. Hunter Renfroe leads the way here, but almost every bat in the Padres lineup is in play.
- Indians – Glenn Sparkman shut down my Twins last time out, but he was extremely lucky and he’s still very #bad at pitching. With friendly hitting conditions in Cleveland, the ball should be flying out to right-field, playing right into the hands of all the Indians lefties. They should absolutely tee off here.