Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in today’s DFS MLB Cash Games!
There are 10 games on the Sunday slate with some weather to keep an eye on. The pitching is also terrible on this slate. The good news is that we can find plenty of value on the pitching side which leaves money to spend on the bats. I will provide some updates in the last hour before lock as we get all the lineups in and a better handle on what the weather will look like.
OTHER NOTES (check updated Core 4 and weather as well) – JD Martinez is off the COVID list to add to him to player pool.
REMINDER: This is our daily content plan for this DFS MLB season.
Cash Game Breakdown – The article you are currently reading.
DFS MLB Lineup Coach – Daily coaching session assisting with all aspects of DFS MLB.
DFS MLB Cheat Sheet – A quick guide to the top plays at each position and salary level.
GPP Writeup – Using experience, game theory & advanced stats to uncover low-owned stars.
Core 4 Livestream – Daily Livestream that covers all DFS sports featuring guests from throughout the Elite Sports Network.
Be Sure to Bookmark:
Sunday, April 11th
Fading Jays and Angels completely. Marlins and Mets are going to try and wait out the rain. It could play but honestly not enough plays in that game standout to risk it.
Boston Red Sox @ Baltimore Orioles – There is rain expected in the morning but it does appear to clear out for the game to start on time.
Los Angeles Angels @ Toronto Blue Jays – Thunderstorms look likely throughout the day and while they don’t tend to last for hours in Florida this game could get canceled.
Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians – 40% chance of light rain but they should be able to play the game.
Miami Marlins @ New York Mets – It is expected to rain most of the day that may eventually end in the late afternoon hours. This game has a good chance of getting canceled as well.
Kansas City Royals @ Chicago White Sox – Light showers are expected but after the cancellation on Saturday, they will try their best to get the game in.
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
- Minnesota Twins: -185
- Cleveland Indians: -180
- San Diego Padres: -170
- Chicago Cubs: -165
- New York Yankees: -154
Highest Run Expectancy
- Toronto Blue Jays/Los Angeles Angels (TBD but should be highest-scoring game on the slate)
- Cleveland Indians – 5.21
- Boston Red Sox – 5.04
- San Diego Padres – 5.00
- Minnesota Twins – 4.93
Lowest Run Expectancy
- Seattle Mariners – 3.57
- Detriot Tigers – 3.79
- Pittsburgh Pirates – 3.90
- Milwaukee Brewers – 3.99
- Texas Rangers – 4.00
Today's Pitchers Grid
|Tyler Anderson||- - -||108.20||4.39||0.275||4.28||4.43||4.45||36.10||22.80||41.00||68.10%||44.90%||19.70||11.70%||52.20%||5.50||77.60%||34.30%||70.90||14.20%||56.40%||29.40%||1.41||34.70%||90.70||9.70|
|Rich Hill||- - -||105.10||4.10||0.256||4.74||4.80|
|Wade LeBlanc||- - -||41.00||4.17||0.319||4.99||5.35|
|Albert Almora Jr.||NYM||1.00||27.00||0.000||22.17||12.73|
Today’s Best Pitchers
1) Matt Shoemaker, RHP, Twins (DK 6900 & FD 7800) – The Mariners offense has been respectable so far this season, but that lineup is going to be one of the worst in the league and is missing their best hitter in Kyle Lewis. Shoemaker comes off a strong start allowing just 1 run over 6 innings with 5 K’s. He has been a decent pitcher in his career but his biggest issue has been being able to stay healthy.
2) Dylan Cease, RHP, White Sox (DK 7200 & FD 6300) – This one scares me a bit because Cease is thought of as a highly talented pitcher but has not been able to find any consistency. He really struggles vs. LHH while being good vs. RHH. The goods news the best bats for the Royals are definitely RHH with the exception of the struggling Carlos Santana. You can get plenty of bats with Cease and Shoemaker as your DK pitchers.
3) Nick Pivetta, RHP, Red Sox (DK 7600 & FD 7400) – On this slate, I wouldn’t doubt that Pivetta will see heavy ownership with the fantasy baseball community’s obsession with his talent. The Orioles do have a 34% K rate vs. RHP along with being bottom 5 in ISO and wOBA vs. RHP. The issue is Pivetta has never been consistent, and while he allowed 0 runs in his 1st start, he walked 4 guys and gave up too many flyballs, which isn’t good for Camden Yards.
4) Marcus Stroman, RHP, Mets (DK 9100 & FD 9400) – One of the more expensive pitchers on the slate who people keep on waiting to stay healthy and have a breakout season. Stroman can miss bats at times and has an elite groundball rate, but the strikeouts need to be better. The Marlins are showing that 2020 was a bit of a fluke as they are 6th worst in wOBA and 2nd to last in ISO vs. RHP.
Pitchers to Target Against
1) Jose Urena, RHP, Tigers – 5.80 xFIP, 1.71 HR/9, .511 wOBA vs. LHH
2) Logan Allen, LHP, Indians – 5.61 xFIP, 8.5% swinging strike rate, .400 wOBA vs. RHP
3) Dylan Cease, RHP, White Sox – 5.85 xFIP, 9.4% swinging strike rate, 1.86 HR/9, .381 wOBA vs. LHH
4) Trevor Williams, RHP, Cubs – .423 wOBA vs. RHH
5) Nick Pivetta, RHP, Red Sox – 5.48 xFIP, 9.9% swinging strike rate, 1.74 HR/9
6) Daniel Ponce De Leon, RHP, Cardinals – 5.14 xFIP, 1.91 HR/9
7) Jorge Lopez, RHP, Orioles – 4.84 xFIP, 8.6% swinging strike rate, .355 wOBA vs. LHH
8) Adrian Morejon, LHP, Padres – 3.47 HR/9
We have a brand new stolen base target tool on the site. I strongly recommend looking it over in order to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player is to steal tonight. (click on link above)
Hot Streaks (Hottest Hitters at Each Position)
Batter vs. Pitcher
1B – Paul Goldschmidt – Cardinals
2B – DJ Lemahieu – Yankees
3B – Nolan Arenado – Cardinals
OF – Randal Grichuk – Blue Jays, Corey Dickerson – Marlins
For more BvP info, check out our BvP Matchup Page!
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Christian Vazquez – Red Sox (DK 5200)
- James McCann – Mets (DK 3600)
- Wilson Ramos – Tigers (DK 3600)
- Gary Sanchez – Yankees (DK 4700)
- Yermin Mercedes – White Sox (DK 4500)
- Omar Narvaez – Brewers (DK 3300)
Notes: This is a slate that you could actually pay up for catcher with the price of pitching. Vazquez was the DH last night so should make the lineup again Sunday, and without JD Martinez, he could be the clean-up hitter again. McCann was one of the better hitting catchers in the league last season who now has a regular job. Ramos homered in 3 of his last 4 games. Sanchez has been much better this season after a terrible few seasons and Mercedes has been the best hitting catcher in the league in 2021.
- Jose Abreu – White Sox (DK 5500 & FD 3900)
- Eric Hosmer – Padres (DK 5400 & FD 3700)
- Pete Alonso – Mets (DK 5000 & FD 4000)
- Paul Goldschmidt – Cardinals (DK 5300 & FD 3800)
- Jared Walsh – Angels (DK 4600 & FD 3000)
- Ryan Mountcastle – Orioles (DK 4200 & FD 3000)
Notes: This position is very deep so would recommend paying up for one of the big boys. Abreu destroys LHP and Hosmer has been crushing the ball. Goldschmidt has crushed Anderson in the past. Walsh has been great this season and has been hitting in front of Trout quite a bit. Mountcastle is the cheapest I would go on DK.
- Niko Goodrum – Tigers (DK 2800 & FD 2400)
- Nick Solak – Rangers (DK 3900 & FD 2900)
- DJ Lemahieu – Yankees (DK 5200 & FD 3500)
- Jurickson Profar – Padres (FD 2500)
- Jeff McNeil – Mets (DK 3600 & FD 2900)
Notes: This is a position where you can find some good value. Goodrum had a .445 wOBA vs. LHP in 2020 and is dirt cheap on both sites with 2B/SS eligibility. Solak hits cleanup against a HR-prone Pitcher. LeMahieu is expensive so probably won’t use him unless I have plenty of leftover salary. Profar has been hitting 2nd and 2B only on FD. McNeil is affordable on both sites but lineup spot isn’t the greatest.
- Jose Ramirez – Indians (DK 5800 & FD 4100)
- Rafael Devers – Red Sox (DK 5400 & FD 2900)
- Nolan Arenado – Cardinals (DK 5000 & FD 4000)
- Jeimer Candelario – Tigers (DK 3200 & FD 2500)
- Cavan Biggio – Blue Jays (DK 4200 & FD 2800)
- Mike Brosseau – Rays (DK 4400 & FD 2100)
Notes: It is a tough choice between the two on FD. Ramirez is the best play if price is not factored in. Devers is way too cheap on FD. Arenado has strong history vs. Anderson. Candelario is a value option on both sites. Brosseau is a value option on FD who is also eligible at 2B.
- Xander Bogaerts – Red Sox (DK 5500 & FD 3100)
- Francisco Lindor – Mets (DK 4700 & FD 3700)
- Bo Bichette – Blue Jays (DK 4800 & FD 3000)
- Paul DeJong – Cardinals (DK 4300 & FD 3200)
- Willy Adames – Rays (DK 3700 & FD 2300)
Notes: If you need value you can use Goodrum at SS but Bogaerts is the clear best play. He has been red hot against a bad O’s pitching staff. Lindor’s has not quite broken through yet but the Mets should hit this random bullpen pitching staff. Bichette will be popular if the game gets played. Adames is another value option on FD.
- Mike Trout – Angels (DK 6200 & FD 4500)
- Shohei Ohtani – Angels (DK 4800 & FD 3500)
- Christian Yelich – Brewers (DK 5500 & FD 3800)
- Joey Gallo – Rangers (DK 3900 & FD 3100)
- Eddie Rosario – Indians (DK 4300 & FD 3200)
- Luis Robert – White Sox (DK 5700 & FD 3200)
- Corey Dickerson – Marlins (DK 3400 & FD 2300)
- Michael Conforto – Mets (DK 3600 & FD 3000)
- Giancarlo Stanton – Yankees (DK 5600 & FD 3700)
- DJ Stewart – Orioles (DK 2400 & FD 2000)
- Randy Arozarena – Rays (DK 5300 & FD 3000)
- Byron Buxton – Twins (DK 4400 & FD 4100)
- Trent Grisham – Padres (DK 4100 & FD 2500)
- Joc Pederson – Cubs (DK 3700 & FD 2300)
- Nelson Cruz – Twins (DK 5800 & FD 3900)
Notes: The greatest player in the game has been crushing to start the season. Ohtani has been just as good but is still not priced correctly. Yelich has a steal and reached base 4 times in 2 of the last 3 games. Gallo should be priced higher. Rosario has a great match-up vs. Urena. Robert crushes LHP but is too expensive on DK. Dickerson owns Stroman is a value on both sites. Stewart is another punt option.
DFS MLB Core 4
FANDUEL CORE 4
P – Matt Shoemaker – Twins (7800)
3B – Rafael Devers – Red Sox (2900)
SS – Xander Bogaerts – Red Sox (3100)
U – Jose Ramirez – Indians (4100)
DRAFTKINGS CORE 4
SP1 – Matt Shoemaker – Twins (6900)
1B/OF – Eddie Rosario – Indians (4300)
3B – Jose Ramirez – Indians (5800)
2B/SS – Niko Goodrum – Tigers (2800)