Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in today’s DFS MLB Cash Games!
UPDATES 615 EST – Add Kevin Kiermaier leading off (can add him to Core 4 if you would like as well to make it 5). Add Pitcher Ian Anderson as an option since that Cubs lineup is awful. Tyrone Taylor leading off isn’t a bad option either for the Brewers.
There are 13 games on the schedule for Tuesday. We have some terrible pitchers on the mound, so plenty of ways to go with your lineups. It will be interesting to see if the Yankees can get the bats going as they are built to crush LHP. The issue is that they have not been able to so far this season and are tempting us with some discounted pricing. They were the chalk last night, which led to lower pay lines, and we were able to take advantage. The weather will not be an issue on this slate, which is nice to see after plenty of questionable weather over the start of the season.
Cash Game Breakdown – The article you are currently reading.
DFS MLB Lineup Coach – Daily coaching session assisting with all aspects of DFS MLB.
DFS MLB Cheat Sheet – A quick guide to the top plays at each position and salary level.
GPP Writeup – Using experience, game theory & advanced stats to uncover low-owned stars.
Core 4 Livestream – Daily Livestream that covers all DFS sports, featuring guests from throughout the Elite Sports Network.
Be Sure to Bookmark:
Tuesday, April 27th
Los Angeles Angels @ Texas Rangers – There are storms possible, so expect the roof to be closed.
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
No Odds-on TEX/LAA & OAK/TB
- Chicago White Sox: -245
- Los Angeles Dodgers: -226
- Houston Astros: -185
- New York Yankees: -179
- San Francisco Giants: -165
Highest Run Expectancy
- Los Angeles Angels ????
- Houston Astros – 5.18
- New York Yankees – 5.04
- San Diego Padres – 4.91
- Atlanta Braves – 4.83
Lowest Run Expectancy
- Cincinnati Reds – 2.91
- Detroit Tigers – 2.91
- Miami Marlins – 3.3
- Colorado Rockies – 3.49
- Chicago Cubs – 3.67
Today's Pitchers Grid
Today’s Best Pitchers
1) Lucas Giolito, RHP, White Sox (DK 9500 & FD 10600) – It was a terrible start last time out for Giolito, which gets us a discounted price on DraftKings. Excuses have been made whether the early game-time start was an issue (career Day/Night stats would say differently) or a blister issue caused the rough outing. Chicago gave him some extra days off, which can only help, and as our betting expert MLBDream mentioned, he was not as bad as it appeared. The Red Sox were just hitting decent pitches. The Tigers come to town with the 5th highest K% rate and are 25th wOBA vs. RHP. They also have the highest K% rate and are 29th in wOBA over the last 7 days.
2) Max Scherzer, RHP, Nationals (DK 10900 & FD 12000) – At first glance at this slate, I did not want to rank Scherzer this high. You are not going to use him on FanDuel with that price but can consider him as your SP2 on DraftKings. The Blue Jays do have a dangerous lineup but lack many quality LHH hitters, which is the best way to get to Scherzer. Toronto is 26th in ISO and 22nd in wOBA vs. RHP. They are also 25th in ISO and 21st in wOBA over the last 7 days. The Jays are middle of the road in strikeouts, but Scherzer has still shown the ability to rack up strikeouts against almost anyone.
3) Aaron Sanchez, RHP, Giants (DK 7200 & FD 6700) – You can have doubts on how high of a pitch count that Sanchez will be allowed since he has not seen over 82 in any of his 4 starts. It will not help his case that DeSclafani threw a complete game shutout last night, so the bullpen is rested. The Rockies have been awful as usual on the road. Colorado is last in ISO and wOBA on the road and 5th highest in K% rate. The price tag is cheap on FanDuel, and DraftKings isn’t bad, either.
4) Adrian Houser, RHP, Brewers (DK 8000 & FD 6500) – The price tag on DraftKings is too much, but FanDuel is probably a better option if punting over Sanchez. The Marlins have the 13th highest K% rate, 27th lowest ISO and 27th lowest wOBA vs. RHP. They also have the 5th highest K% rate, 28th lowest ISO and 27th lowest wOBA over the last 7 days.
5) Jose Quintana, LHP, Angels (DK 6500 & FD 6700) – It feels dirty mentioning Quintana, but he is not as bad as he has started the season. The Rangers are 27th in ISO, 27th in wOBA, and have the 13th highest K% rate vs. LHP. Quintana’s best start was last time out vs. the Rangers with 8 K’s over 5 innings. The alarming thing for him is that he has struggled with his control with 11 walks in 10 innings this year, though he does have 17 K’s. You would think he will figure things out with the walks since it has not been a problem in the past.
Pitchers to Target Against
1) Daniel Castano, LHP, Marlins – 5.41 xFIP, 7.5% swinging strike rate
2) Chi Chi Gonzalez, RHP, Rockies – 5.32 xFIP, 38.2% Hard Contact, 7.4% swinging strike rate, .372 wOBA vs. LHH
3) Carlos Martinez, RHP, Cardinals – 4.94 xFIP, 1.76 HR/9, .403 wOBA vs. RHH, 8.7% swinging strike rate
4) Jose Urena, RHP, Tigers – 5.05 xFIP, .444 wOBA vs. LHH
5) Trevor Williams, RHP, Cubs – 1.93 HR/9, .408 wOBA vs. RHH
6) Frankie Montas, RHP, A’s – 1.88 HR/9, .407 wOBA vs. LHH
7) Mike Foltynewicz, RHP, Rangers – 45.1% Hard Contact rate, 3.91 HR/9, 8% swinging strike rate, .447 wOBA vs. LHH
8) Merrill Kelly, RHP, Diamondbacks – 44.6% Hard Contact Rate, 1.55 HR/9, 9.3% swinging strike rate
9) Corey Kluber, RHP, Yankees – 5.92 xFIP, 1.69 HR/9, .448 wOBA vs. RHH
10) Michael Wacha, RHP, Rays – 1.98 HR/9, .415 wOBA vs. RHH
11) Trent Thornton, RHP, Blue Jays – .407 wOBA vs. LHH
12) Adrian Houser, RHP, Brewers – .409 wOBA vs. LHH
We have a brand new stolen base target tool on the site. I strongly recommend looking it over in order to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player is to steal tonight. (click on link above)
Hot Streaks (Hottest Hitters at Each Position)
|10||Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||TOR||39||168||11||29||30||1||16.1||15.50||0.290||0.327||0.319||0.440||0.609||0.445||188|
|13||Ronald Acuna Jr.||ATL||36||154||12||33||24||6||12.3||15.60||0.346||0.281||0.300||0.396||0.646||0.436||174|
Batter vs. Pitcher
2B – Jose Altuve – Astros, Jonathan Schoop – Tigers
SS – Fernando Tatis – Padres
OF – JaCoby Jones – Tigers
For more BvP info, check out our BvP Matchup Page!
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Buster Posey – Giants (DK 4000)
- Manny Pina – Brewers (DK 3500)
- JT Realmuto – Phillies (DK 5300)
- Will Smith – Dodgers (DK 4600)
- Kyle Higashioka – Yankees (DK 3200)
Notes: Posey has a 1.051 OPS this season and faces a terrible pitcher. Pina hit clean-up yesterday and has great numbers in his career vs. LHP. Realmuto faces CMart, who has been terrible the last two seasons. Smith has a .475 wOBA vs. RHP. Higashioka is no guarantee to be in the lineup but has been particularly good when given playing time.
- Freddie Freeman – Braves (DK 5900 & FD 3600)
- Jared Walsh – Angels (DK 4100 & FD 3200)
- Rhys Hoskins – Phillies (DK 5400 & FD 3700)
- Yuli Gurriel – Astros (DK 4800 & FD 3200)
- Bobby Dalbec – Red Sox (DK 3200 & FD 2100)
Notes: Freeman is better on FD as I love the match-up, but the DraftKings price is hard to fit. Walsh is the top play on DK and has a .420 wOBA vs. RHP. Hoskins has 6 HRs in his last 6 games, so the only concern is that he has to cool off at some point. Gurriel has a .467 wOBA vs. LHP. A bump in the order would help Dalbec a lot.
- Brandon Lowe – Rays (DK 4300 & FD 3000)
- Jose Altuve – Astros (DK 5000 & FD 3500)
- Jazz Chisholm – Marlins (DK 4500 & FD 3100)
- Nick Solak – Rangers (DK 4700 & FD 3000)
- Gleyber Torres – Yankees (FD 2500)
- Max Muncy – Dodgers (DK 4600 & FD 3300)
Notes: Lowe takes on a pitcher who is awful vs. LHH, and if he faces a reliever that is LHP, he has proven to be just as good. Altuve is great vs. LHP and returned from the COVID list last night with 3 hits. Chisholm has been leading off and faces Houser, who is terrible vs. LHH. Solak’s price is better on FD. Jeff is sick of the disappointing Yankees, but Torres is too cheap on FD and has great history in Baltimore. Muncy has a .460 wOBA vs. LHH.
- Alex Bregman – Astros (DK 5200 & FD 3800)
- Yoan Moncada – White Sox (DK 5000 & FD 3400)
- Manny Machado – Padres (DK 4800 & FD 3300)
- Gio Urshela – Yankees (DK 3100 & FD 2400)
- Austin Riley – Braves (DK 3300 & FD 2300)
Notes: Bregman is 9 for his last 22 against a pitcher who has been awful vs. the Astros. Moncada’s bat is finally going (6 for 11 with 3 BB’s). Machado’s price is down against a terrible Merrill Kelly, and he has a .436 wOBA at home over the last two seasons. Urshela’s value could be another trap. Riley’s price would be more attractive if he were hitting higher.
- Fernando Tatis – Padres (DK 5400 & FD 4400)
- Xander Bogaerts – Red Sox (DK 5700 & FD 3700)
- Corey Seager – Dodgers (DK 5100 & FD 3600)
- Gleyber Torres – Yankees (DK 4200)
- Dansby Swanson – Braves (DK 3700 & FD 2500)
- Nick Maton – Phillies (DK 2800 & FD 2400)
Notes: Tatis has 5 HRs in his last 3 games and 3 HRs in 11 ABs vs. Kelly. Bogaerts’ price is more affordable on FD. Seager’s price has dropped a bit, and he did homer last night. Torres is SS only on DK. Swanson is a cheaper option on both sites. Maton is 11 for 25 to start the season.
- Mike Trout – Angels (DK 6300 & FD 4500)
- Shohei Ohtani – Angels (DK 4300 & FD 4200)
- Ronald Acuna – Braves (DK 6200 & FD 4100)
- Giancarlo Stanton – Yankees (DK 4700 & FD 3700)
- Ramon Laureano – A’s (DK 4400 & FD 3400)
- Brandon Nimmo – Mets (DK 3700 & FD 3000)
- Yadiel Hernandez – Nationals (DK 2000 & FD 2200)
- Bryce Harper – Phillies (DK 6000 & FD 4300)
- Mark Canha – A’s (DK 3900 & FD 3600)
- JD Martinez – Red Sox (DK 5700 & FD 4200)
- Avisail Garcia – Brewers (DK 3500 & FD 3000)
- Aaron Judge – Yankees (DK 5600 & FD 3500)
- Tyrone Taylor – Brewers (DK 2400 & FD 2200)
- Michael Conforto – Mets (DK 3900 & FD 2900)
- Dylan Carlson – Cardinals (DK 3400 & FD 2900)
- Aaron Hicks – Yankees (DK 3000 & FD 2900)
- Kole Calhoun – Diamondbacks (DK 2800 & FD 2800)
- Wil Myers – Padres (DK 4400 & FD 2700)
- Jesse Winker – Reds (DK 4300 & FD 3700)
Notes: This position is going to be very site-specific based on lineup builds. Trout returned from missing a few games with 4 hits last night. He loves Texas pitching and is still the best hitter in baseball. Ohtani is too cheap on DK. Acuna should get going against a bad Cubs pitching staff. Stanton away from Yankee Stadium is always better. JD Martinez would be higher on the list but likely to be on the bench with no DH.
DFS MLB Core 4
FANDUEL CORE 4
P – Lucas Giolito – White Sox (10600)
1B – Freddie Freeman – Braves (3600)
2B – Brandon Lowe – Rays (3000)
OF – Mike Trout – Angels (4500)
DRAFTKINGS CORE 4
SP1 – Lucas Giolito – White Sox (9500)
OF – Mike Trout (6300)
OF – Shohei Ohtani – Angels (4300)
2B – Brandon Lowe – Rays (4300)