The goal of CFB DFS Slate Breakdown is to review the main CFB DFS slates on DraftKings, and FanDuel. Also to add analysis that will help gain knowledge for EliteFantasy Subscribers for future weeks.
College Football is much like other forms of DFS sports, with the main difference relating to the information being less assessable. There’s a legitimate advantage to watching games (especially with the mid-major teams), and finding how these teams and offensive (and defensive) systems function. Alleviating that end of the spectrum, and providing actionable results will help provide an edge on our non-subscriber competition. It’s been a crazy and chaotic 2020 season in the college football world. But despite all that, let’s dive in, find some edges, and make this a winning slate for #Elitemafia.
Vegas (Main Slate)
- GPP: Malik Willis, Liberty (DK $10,300, FD $12,000)
- CASH: Dillon Gabriel, UCF (DK $9,200, FD $11,000)
- GPP: Sam Ehlinger, Texas (DK $9,000, FD $10,400)
Malik Willis’ price is going to be hard to use but the matchup has the ability to get a player that has a higher ceiling at lower ownership. Dual threat with at least 8 carries each game and as many as 21. In just 2 games, UMASS has allowed an average of 465 yards a game. I recommend using him NAKED. Dillon Gabriel leads the fastest paced offense on the slate against the 2nd worst passing defense on the slate. UCF also has a 45 implied team total, 2nd on the slate. Texas is coming off two weeks of rest after last game being postponed because of Covid 19. Sam Ehlinger is coming off two letdowns but is sitting at 34.4 FPPG. The Iowa State defense is allowing 360 total yards a game and 24 TDs, the 2nd highest for teams that have played 7 games.
- CASH: Ian Book, ND (DK $7,300, FD $10,000)
- GPP: Luke McCaffrey, Nebraska (DK $7,400, FD $8,000)
- CORE: Brock Purdy, Iowa State (DK $6,700, FD $9,000)
Ian Book is coming off his best fantasy game of the season and faces a huge matchup against UNC. The game has the 2nd highest implied total and with his dual threat ability Book can provide a safe floor for cash. UNC is allowing over 260 yards a game through the air. Luke McCaffrey made some mistakes in his first start with 4 turnovers against a weak defense. He did run for over 100 and 2 scores. This week, his price is slightly up and I have problem running it back with his upside. Dual threat and at that price, Brock Purdy will be a CORE option against the Longhorn defense that allows nearly 400 total yards a game.
- GPP: Breece Hall, ISU (DK $8.900, FD $11,000)
- DK CORE: Xazavian Volladay, Wyoming (DK $7,900, FD $10,300)
- CASH: Kobe Lewis, CMU, (DK $7,400, FD $9,100)
- FD CASH: CJ Verde, Oregon (FD $8,800)
Breece Hall is the clear cut top marquee back on this slate. Texas’s defense has been stingy against the run and sit at just 118 yards allowed a game. Hall will have the volume and at that price will be a GPP play with his upside. The one player that I think you need on this slate is Xazavian Volladay, he’s a CORE play. The matchup against UNLV is going to be to his advantage as their defense allows 213 plus a game and rank 110th against the run. Volladay owns 57% of the teams rushing carries. Kobe Lewis is a bit cheaper and he is also in a great matchup against EMU. EMU ranks 124th against the run and has allowed 235 plus a game. Lewis has 47% of the teams rushing attempts.
- FD CORE: Marcel Dancy, CAL (DK $5,100, FD $6,400)
- CASH: Kelley Joiner, USF (DK $3,500, FD $6,000) and Brian Battie, USF (DK $4,600 , FD $6,200)
- GPP: Otis Anderson, UCF (DK $4,900, FD $7,100) and Greg McRae, UCF (DK $5,300, FD $7,500)
Marcel Dancy is going to be an option if starter Chris Brown is out. Mancy held down the backfield with 20 total touches. Stanford has allowed over 230 rushing yards a game. Now that Johnny Ford is no longer on the USF team, there’s a great chance for either of even both of the USF backs to succeed today. Kelley Joiner at a dirt cheap, $3500 should be a popular play especially in CASH. He has a team high 64 rushing attempts and should see and increase without Ford. The back that is trending up for them is Brian Battie who has seen 23 attempts the last 2 games 9 more than Joiner. UCF is allowing over 210 rushing yards a game. Otis Anderson and Greg McRae have almost completely split the UCF rushing attempts, a combined 60%, with both over 68 rushing yards a game. USF has a mid of the road rushing defense at 84th in the nation. The highest paced offense should help these two setup a nice output.
- CASH: Marlon Williams, UCF (DK $8,100, FD $10,000)
- GPP: Kalil Pimpleton, CMU (DK $7,500, FD $9,100)
- CASH: Dyami Brown, UNC (DK $7,200, FD $8,800)
Marlon Williams is the UCF top WR with over at least 8 targets in every game and over double digits in 6 of the 8 games. Kalil Pimpleton was the one of the only 1,000 WR in the MAC last year and the matchup against EMU who ranks 97th against the pass. Oddly enough he is coming off a 3 rushing TD game. Don’t expect that but you can see his upside. Dyami Brown has remained the top UNC Wideout this year and even though ND ranks #2 overall, they have the allowed over 260 passing yards on defense and sit at 96th overall.
- FD CORE: Xavier Hutchinson, ISU (DK $5,900, FD $7,500 )
- CASH: Conner Wedington, Stanford (DK $5,100, FD $7,100)
- GPP: Hassan Beydoun, EMU (DK $5,400, FD $7,400) Quian Williams, EMU (DK $4,900 , FD $6,500) and Tanner Knue, EMU (DK $5,200, FD $6,900 )
- GPP: Jaylon Robinson, UCF (DK $6,100, FD $8,700) and Tre Nixon, UCF (DK $5,000, FD $6,300)
Xavier Hutchinson is seeing 7 targets a week and is a solid floor option to pair with Purdy. The EMU wides are great way to save with players that have a ton of targets in a matchup they should be playing from behing. to Conner Wedington has seen 24 targets the last 2 games and seems to be Mills favorite go to WR. Rather than using Williams, running a double stack with Jaylon Robinson and Tre Nixon would provide a unique build in GPPs.
- CASH: Charlie Kolar, ISU (DK $4,500 , FD $6,800)
- GPP: Josh Whittingham, Texas (DK $4,200, FD $6,000) and Brennan Eagles, Texas (DK $4,200 , FD $6,700)
- CASH: Javon McKinley, ND (DK $4,300 , FD $7,000) and Michael Mayer, ND (DK $3,500 , $5,500)
- GPP: Sam LaPorts, Iowa (DK $3,600 , FD $5,600)
These are some options to save and pair with your QB that you could use to have a QB-WR combo stack.