Duke breaks down the ManU/Burnley Showdown slate this Sunday in the EPL!
Hello from the beach!! That’s right, your boy took a little road trip with the family down to the Gulf of Mexico. The work doesn’t stop, I just have a nicer view. Sunday we have one game in the afternoon that should provide some decent showdown contest sizes. Man United are the big favorites as Burnley head to Old Trafford with a 2.75 total. United generally run over Burnley. Will they again?
To the desert…
This is crazy.
That’s 25 games with just 1 loss in the Prem. Look at that. Liverpool. Arsenal. Chelsea. Man City. Tottenham. They’ve run through the table with only a loss to….Sheffield?? That’s the outlier. The theme? Success.
It’s not always pretty and seemingly half of these games involved Man United going behind at some point but the results are there to be seen. Having just played Granada and with first place likely out of reach, squad rotation would make sense here.
They don’t play again until the 25th and while the week off will do wonders for the squad, the extra three days of rest for players like Rashford and Shaw could mean a better run towards Europa League glory. In saying that, Ole hasn’t really rotated the side so let’s assume he won’t and adjust if he does.
Another year in the Prem and another master class by Sean Dyche to keep maybe the worst roster in the Prem up again. Oddly enough, they have as many away wins as home. They typically get bent over a barrel when they play United and I think we are trending towards a very similar outcome in this one.
United win 3-0.
CPT – I might eat the chalk here and focus on the United attack.
- Greenwood – MU – $8.6k
- It’s time to give the youngster the shot in the CPT spot. I’m assuming he starts in front of James and builds off his last 2 games.
- Fernandes – MU – $12.4
- He struggles against the top 6 but loves to run over the bottom of the barrel teams. I think most will use him at the flex because of the cost but if he does score a goal he’ll pay off the high price with peripherals as well.
- Vydra – BUR – $7.6k
- The guy has been on fire. Goals in back to back games and an assist in the game prior. The floor is low as he doesn’t cross and mostly plays between the posts.
- Shaw – MU – $7.8k
- He’s lost some set piece equity to Bruno but is still dangerous from open play.
- Cavani – MU – $8.4k
- Cavani at CPT makes sense in a low scoring United win which could happen.
- Fernandes – MU
- Greenwood – MU
- Shaw – MU
- Cavani – MU
- Rashford – MU
- McNeil – BUR
- Vydra – BUR
- Pogba – MU
- Henderson – MU
- Wan-Bissaka – MU
- Westwood – BUR
- Fred – MU
- Lowton – BUR
- Wood – BUR