Your boy Duke has your back for Saturday morning’s EPL DFS Showdown slate!!
Make sure you dive into that Bundesliga article. I spent a TON of time researching that slate and it’s where the big money is this weekend. We do have an early morning Showdown slate. 7:30am is rough fellas but guess what, it’s rough for everyone.
EVERY SINGLE SATURDAY there are multiple reserved entries that don’t enter lineups. You might say, well those guys are donkeys and they weren’t going to win anyways. Not so fast my friend! In a single entry, 100 entrant type of tournament, to get 2-4 dead teams right at kickoff is a huge edge. So wake your ass up and make some money.
By the way, $100K tournament on Wednesday for the EPL slate has me excited.
To the desert…
-Aston Villa +370 2,2.5 (-120o/EVENu)
This is now Aston Villa’s 4th game in 10 days. They’ve yet to win a match and it showed with tired legs against Newcastle, a game they really needed more than a point. It doesn’t get any easier here with Wovles coming in off of 2 wins in back-to-back games.
Wolves are playing their 3rd game in 7 days so it’s not like they are well rested. I’m very interested to see how Wolves line up on Saturday morning. They are a team that traditionally does not rotate the side (ever) but they’ll have to at some point or injuries/fatigue will catch up with them and put the season in jeopardy. They are in the mix for that final Champions League spot and if they can keep it rolling like they have been with Traore to Jimenez, why couldn’t they make it happen? Their only remaining match against the top 8 is an away fixture against fellow top 4 contender Chelsea.
As for this game, the line is about where I had it. Just a friendly reminder that the home/away impact is not nearly as large with empty stadiums. The game has a surprisingly low total but considering how strong Wolves are defensively and how inept Villa have looked in the attack, it makes sense.
- Floor + Ceiling he’s the best play on the board and surprisingly not the most expensive. His performances have a dipped a touch since the return and he’s played a ton of soccer but he was still good for 12.4 points last time out. NOT ALL IN.
- The man is on fire. He’s picked up assists in back-to-back games and is an absolute handful for defenders. In a game that might lack upside, he’s it.
- The most likely player in this game to grab a goal but you are paying for it.
- Set piece taker for the favorite.
- Set piece taker for the home team. 12 and 13 crosses in 2 of his last 3. Insane.
- His crossing stats have gone down since the return but on a slate where several players may not return 1x, this seems like a safe bet with upside.
- Been absolutely murdering people’s lineups so far which is where I want to attack in GPP. His quickness in the final third hasn’t shown itself thus far but Jimenez can occupy the CBs and create that space. We know he has the capability of bagging multiple goals.
- The total is low for a reason. He’s priced up to where it’s going to be tough to fit everyone I want and Patricio but he’s in play for cash and gpp.
- There is a chance Jota is rested and MGW get’s a start and at $3k he’s in play in all formats. Rapid player but doesn’t rack up many DK points. Min price is worth a stab.
- GPP punt with upside. 3 shots in 2 of his last 3, which both happen to be home games. This is an away match.