Welcome to the NBA DFS Cash Game Breakdown, where we identify the top point-per-dollar plays for cash games!
What’s up #EliteMafia. Happy Saturday!
We have a seven-game slate tonight with some very good game environments. There are four games tonight with an over/under of at least 228 points and two of those contests have a 6.5-point spread or lower. There is plenty of pending news tonight, so we need to be monitoring news throughout the day as we head into lock.
Karl-Anthony Towns, Blake Griffin, Luke Kennard, Deandre Ayton, and Carmelo Anthony are all questionable for tonight’s games. Giannis Antetokounmpo and Zach Lavine are listed as probable but are also worth monitoring.
Remember, we use FD positions as they are more rigid, but you should have plenty of options at each position to build on DK as well given the roster fluidity and multi-position eligibility of many players.
Let’s jump right into it!
Top Projected Totals
- 76ers 121
- Rockets 121
- Bucks 120.25
- Trail Blazers 118
- Clippers 115.5
Highest Pace Bump
- Knicks +6.6
- Kings +6.4
- 76ers +4.3
- Detroit +2.4
- Spurs +2.1
Position By Position
- Russell Westbrook – Westbrook has been playing well recently with three triple-doubles in his last eight games. One of those came against the Suns, who he faces off against this evening. Phoenix ranks 18th in defense rating and both of these teams play up in pace, making this a great spot for Westbrook. Look for him to once again dominate against the Suns and post up another strong performance. In his last eight games, he has topped 50 DK points six times and offers a very steady floor, with plenty of upside as well. He is a strong play in all formats.
- Damian Lillard – Portland takes on the Timberwolves this evening, setting up a favorable situation for Lillard. Minnesota plays at the fourth fastest pace in the NBA and rank 22nd in defense rating. They have been very generous to opposing point guards this season, allowing the fifth most FD points per game and sixth most DK points per game. Lillard continues to be one of the more consistent point guards in the NBA and in a great matchup like the one he has tonight, there is no reason to believe he cannot turn in a very strong performance.
- Patrick Beverley – Beverley is not someone I roster often, but this is a good matchup for him tonight and he is reasonably priced on FD where is he $500 cheaper than he is on DK. The Spurs rank 21st in defense rating and have been very generous to the point guard position this year. He is not a huge scorer by any means, but he does do a little bit of everything, putting him in a position to score fantasy points multiple ways. While I don’t expect a huge performance from Beverley in this one, he should be able to pay off his salary.
- George Hill – With Eric Bledsoe out, Hill has received some extra run in recent games, averaging 24.3 minutes per game. He is coming off the bench, but his role in the rotations remains consistent. Tonight, the Bucs draw a cake matchup against the Knicks who rank 26th in defense rating. Hill dropped 14 points in 16 minutes the last time that he faced off against the Knicks. There is a blowout potential here, but considering Hill’s low price across the board, he does not need to do all that much to reach value. Therefore, he comes in as a solid value play this evening.
- James Harden – There are multiple high-priced guys this evening, but Harden is one of my favorite ones. He is in a great spot tonight against the Suns, a game that should produce a lot of scoring. The last time these two teams met, Harden scored 34 points despite shooting 8-of-27 from the court, which was good for 57 DK points. Harden is shooting 45 percent from the field and is attempting 24.8 shots per game, he should absolutely smash the Suns tonight, a team that is allowing the sixth highest field goal percentage in the NBA.
- Andrew Wiggins – I am not huge on rostering players that rely heavily on scoring in cash, but there is a chance that the Timberwolves will be without Karl-Anthony Towns this evening. If that is the case, Wiggins gets a minor usage bump in a decent spot against Portland who ranks 20th in defense rating. This game has one of the higher totals on the slate and just a 6.5-point spread. If this is going to stay a competitive game with no Towns, Wiggins will have to do a lot of scoring and I expect that to be the case in this matchup.
- Donte DiVincenzo – DiVincenzo has taken over the point guard position for the Bucks with Bledsoe out and has done a solid job filling in. DiVincenzo is averaging 27.3 minutes, 8.3 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.3 assists, 2.3 steals, and 0.3 blocks per game in his last three contests. While he is not excellent at anything, he does a little bit of everything, giving him a steady floor at a fair price. Tonight’s matchup against the Knicks is one that he should be able to take advantage of and produce solid numbers. He is just over $5K on both sites and should have no issues paying off that salary with potential to exceed expectations.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo – Antetokounmpo is dealing with back soreness, but he is listed as probable for tonight, so barring any setbacks he should be on the court against the Knicks. He remains one of the top options whenever he is on the slate and tonight is no different. The Bucks have one of the higher implied team totals this evening, but they are heavy favorites which does concern me a bit, due to the potential blowout. That said, Antetokounmpo scored 29 points and grabbed 15 boards in just 21.6 minutes the last time he faced New York, scoring over 50 fantasy points. That is the floor he offers tonight and if the Bucks do end up blowing out the Knicks, Antetokounmpo would be a big reason why.
- Tobias Harris – Harris is coming off one of his worst games of the season, scoring just seven points with two boards and two assists, finishing with only 12 DK points. That said, this is a great bounce back spot for him against a Wizards team that ranks dead last in defense rating and plays up in pace. Harris completely dominated against Washington in their last meeting, dropping 33 points with seven boards, scoring 49 DK points and 47.9 FD points. He offers a very steady floor with some nice upside as well and comes at a fair price on both sites, making him a strong option in all formats.
- Kelly Oubre – It is really difficult to overlook Oubre’s price on FD this evening. He is under $6K for the first time since November 14th and this is just the third time this season he is priced below that number. Aside from the price drop, this is a good game environment for Oubre being that this contest has one of the highest totals on the slate and it is a paced-up situation for the Suns. Oubre can be volatile, which is something I try to avoid in cash, but considering his price and his ability to produce strong numbers at times, I don’t mind taking a chance on him in cash tonight. He plays big minutes for the Suns and is averaging nearly a fantasy point per minute, so his path to pay off his price tag will not be too difficult tonight.
- Markieff Morris – Blake Griffin has missed two of the last three games for the Pistons and Morris has done a very nice job filling in for him, playing over 30 minutes and scoring over 25 DK points in each of those games. If Griffin misses tonight’s matchup against the Bulls, Morris will likely once again step into the starting lineup and play big minutes. Considering his FD price of just $4,300, he would become a staple of your cash build tonight if Griffin sat. Please note, he is listed as a SF on FD and PF/C on DK.
- Kawhi Leonard – Leonard will face one of his former teams this evening, the Spurs. He has already played against them twice this season and has fared well against them, averaging 28.5 points, 9.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 3.0 steals, and 52.9 DK points per game. The Spurs rank 21st in defense rating and have had no answers for Leonard this season. That will not change tonight and another strong performance from him is very likely. It should be business as usual for Leonard.
- Al Horford – Normally the price discrepancies occur on DK, but as I am writing this article, there are a lot of players mispriced on FD today. Horford is one of those players at just $6,300 on FD, $500 cheaper than he is on DK. The matchup is a great one here against the Wizards who are terrible defensively and play up in pace. Horford will have his opportunities for three-pointers, scoring, blocks, and boards tonight. When you take the matchup and price into account here, it is tough not to strongly consider Horford tonight.
- Nemanja Bjelica – The minutes tend to be inconsistent for Bjelica, but he has played at least 27 minutes in three of his last four games. He is averaging a fantasy point per minute on the season and tonight he draws a phenomenal matchup against Memphis, so if he plays 26-30 minutes, he should absolutely smash his price tag on both sites (he’s $200 cheaper on FD). The Grizzlies rank 23rd in defense rating and play at the sixth fastest pace in the league. Bjelica should have no trouble hitting value in this matchup and if he gets hot early, there is a pretty nice ceiling here.
- Dario Saric – I would much rather play Saric on FD where he is $4,500, but he is a fine option on both sites tonight. He has been playing well and with Deandre Ayton dealing with an ankle sprain that could keep him out of tonight’s contest, Saric should continue to produce. He faces off against the Rockets and the last time these two teams met, Saric scored 13 points with 12 boards and five assists, good for 38 DK points. If he can turn in a similar performance in tonight’s contest, he would not only payoff his salary, but exceed value by a decent amount. I like this game environment for him and could see him having a strong night in this matchup.
- Andre Drummond – The center position is stacked tonight with some really strong options, but my favorite big man is Drummond. Not only is Blake Griffin questionable tonight, but Drummond also draws one of the better matchups a center can as for. He faces off against the Bulls who are giving up the second most DK points to opposing centers. In two games against Chicago this season, Drummond has averaged 15.5 points, 19 rebounds, 3.0 blocks, 2.0 steals, 3.0 assists, and 52.5 DK points per game. He should once again dominate in this spot and provide solid returns.
- Joel Embiid – Even though I prefer playing Drummond in cash tonight, Embiid is firmly in play as well. He gets a great matchup against the Wizards who are not only a terrible defense but are also allowing the eighth most rebounds to opposing teams this season. Embiid had a huge game against Washington the last time these two teams faced off, scoring 26 points and grabbing 21 boards. Another performance is not unlikely and that would be a great bang for your buck.
- Gorgui Dieng – If Towns sits out tonight, Dieng becomes a very strong value play. Towns has missed the last two games with a knee injury and in those games, Dieng has averaged 24 minutes, 15.5 points, and 7.0 boards per game. He has scored at least 25 DK points in each of those contests. Tonight’s matchup is not the easiest one by any means, but Portland is allowing the six most points per game to opposing centers. Keep an eye on news here, but if Towns is out, we could lock in Dieng into our lineups.
- Thon Maker – Here is another player that is contingent on news. If Griffin misses tonight, Maker should see some more run. He played 23 minutes last night with Griffin out and scored 15 points with seven boards. That performance was good for 24.75 DK points. At $3,500 or less on both sites, he would become a very strong value play should Griffin sit this one out.