Nick Rodriguez breaks down all of tonight’s top cash game plays and values for your DFS double-ups.
Please be sure to keep track of the LINES (who plays with who) and goalie confirmations (who are the starting goalies). Here are the resources I recommend to keep an eye on any developments:
This information comes straight from writers who follow each of the NHL teams closely. If anything important ever comes up, they are surely the first to know and will know earlier than any DFS or NHL website. Following this list will make it easier for you to keep an eye on all types of changes throughout the day (e.g. line changes, goalie confirmations, and late scratches).
If a goalie gets confirmed as the starter throughout the day, this is where you’ll want to go to make sure they are locked in.
This resource is very good to check on line combinations from the previous game and the projected lines for the next game. Be aware that lines may update as they come in, so if a team holds a morning skate, there’s a good chance that the lines that are updated from the morning skate are going to be used in that night’s game.
MAIN SLATE (4 GAMES – 7:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT lock)
DraftKings: Tomas Hertl, Alex Ovechkin, Vladimir Tarasenko, Noah Hanifin
FanDuel: Tomas Hertl, Alex Ovechkin, Conor Garland, Noah Hanifin
STL 1: Vladimir Tarasenko, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn
Possible Add-On: Torey Krug
WPG 2: Kyle Connor, Nikolaj Ehlers, Pierre-Luc Dubois
Possible Add-On: Neal Pionk
SJ 1: Kevin Labanc, Logan Couture, Evander Kane (Couture is questionable for tonight)
Possible Add-On: Erik Karlsson
ARI 1: Clayton Keller, Phil Kessel, Johan Larsson
Possible Add-On: Jakob Chychrun
- Mark Scheifele, Jets (DK: $6900, FD: $7200)
- Tomas Hertl, Sharks (DK: $5600, FD: $6300)
- Elias Lindholm, Flames (DK: $5800, FD: $6500)
- Pierre-Luc Dubois, Jets (DK: $4800, FD: $5600)
- Evgeny Kuznetsov, Capitals (DK: $4800, FD: $6100)
- Mikael Backlund, Flames (DK: $5500, FD: $4500)
- There’s no clear-cut top centerman and there’s also not a lot of value out there for centermen this evening. However, one guy that does catch my attention this evening is Tomas Hertl. He’s recorded five points in his last five and will likely play in front of the net for the top power play unit. Plus, he’s logged four points in two contests against Arizona this year.
- Logan Couture is another guy to consider at the position this evening. He skates with Evander Kane and Kevin Labanc who have been playing well as of late.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov can be somewhat risky for cash games because he doesn’t take many shots, but you have to like the situation he’s in this evening. He’s playing on the top line with Alex Ovechkin against a club that’s allowed 3.14 goals per game in March.
- Alex Ovechkin, Capitals (DK: $8800, FD: $8400)
- Evander Kane, Sharks (DK: $7500, FD: $7800)
- David Perron, Blues (DK: $7300, FD: $7100)
- Nikolaj Ehlers, Jets (DK: $7000, FD: $6900)
- Kyle Connor, Jets (DK: $6700, FD: $6700)
- Vladimir Tarasenko, Blues (DK: $5700, FD: $6900)
- Conor Garland, Coyotes (DK: $7700, FD: $5300)
- Blake Wheeler, Jets (DK: $5900, FD: $5900)
- Kevin Labanc, Sharks (DK: $4700, FD: $4600)
- Jaden Schwartz, Blues (DK: $4000, FD: $5600)
- Yegor Sharangovich, Devils (DK: $3800, FD: $3900)
- Playing on no rest is never ideal for any player but you have to love Jaden Schwartz’s price tag on DraftKings. He’s a great value play going up against the Ducks, as it’s boasting a 61 PK% in its last 13 contests. Schwartz skates with the top power play unit and his line should see favorable matchups playing on home ice.
- Nikolaj Ehlers is just on an absolute tear right now. He’s recorded five points in his last five while averaging 4.2 shots on goal. He provides us with a high floor and you have to like that he’s going up against a club that’s allowed 3 goals per game in March.
- Alex Ovechkin is always one of the top plays on home ice and tonight is no different against the Devils. However, for value, I’m looking at his opponent Yegor Sharangovich. The 22-year-old has just been sensational. He’s recorded eight points this month and has earned a role skating with the top line and power play unit.
- John Carlson, Capitals (DK: $6800, FD: $6700)
- Jakob Chychrun, Coyotes (DK: $6500, FD: $5100)
- Mark Giordano, Flames (DK: $5700, FD: $5900)
- Josh Morrissey, Jets (DK: $5100, FD: $4500)
- Noah Hanifin, Flames (DK: $3900, FD: $3900)
- Vince Dunn, Blues (DK: $4000, FD: $3800
- Justin Schultz, Capitals (DK: $3400, FD: $3900)
- Noah Hanifin disappointed a lot of people last time out as he recorded only one shot goal. However, he’s still a stellar play at his price point since he will be the quarterback for the top power play unit. Winnipeg is sporting the second-highest xGA since March 12 which puts Hanifin and the Flames in a terrific spot. Mark Giordano is someone else to strongly consider.
- John Carlson is always popular on a small slate. He’s one of the best defensemen in the league and is facing the Devils, making him the top option at his position.
- Jakob Chychrun’s price has skyrocketed on DraftKings due to the way he’s been performing. He has three points in his last three and hasn’t been afraid to shoot the puck and use his body to block shots. He’s one of the top options this evening, especially going up against the Sharks which own a 15.65 xGA in its last eight.
- Ilya Samsonov, Capitals (DK: $8100, FD: $8200)
- Connor Hellebuyck, Jets (DK: $7400, FD: $8400)